Cassava cake

Reaction score
This is our original recipe of cassava cake.

Ingredients:
- 2 kilos of cassava
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- 2 cans of condensed milk (300 ml)
- 1 bowl of young coconut strips

Procedure:
Grate the cassava. Press the grated cassava to remove the juice. Mix the coconut milk and the condensed milk in a bowl together with the sugar. Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved. Add the grated cassava and young coconut strips. Slowly stir to blend.

Place the mixture in pie pans. Bake in 350 degrees for 30 minutes then lower the fire to 300 degrees for another 30 minutes or until the thing in the pie pan turns brown.

Reaction score
I had to google what cassava was - the name sounded familiar but for some reason I thought it was poisonous - apparently it can be if it's prepared incorrectly! Interesting!

I've never tried it, I don't even know that I've seen cassava sold here - but I would love to try it sometime!

Reaction score
@cupcakechef, cassava is a root crop that when harvested have a trace of cyanide that can be washed off by water. It's not really poisonous although there are strange cases where the person who ate wrongly processed cassava landed in a hospital. But anyway, cassava is a healthy food since it is a root crop.

Here is the photo of our cassava cake which we give away to friends -
IMG_1081 cassava cakes ok.JPG

Ask a Question