celebration cakes

Reaction score
I have never made one but would like to try something for my daughters 2nd birthday next month. I have never used fondant so don't want to take a risk so maybe I could try butter cream frosting.

Anyone make celebration cakes and any easy recipe and cake ideas?

Reaction score
Fondant actually isn't as hard to work with and intimidating as it can seem at first, at least not in my opinion. There are tons of good tutorials now about how to do it. But anyway, if you're nervous and want something simple and fool-proof, what about cake pops instead? There's even a free little mini class on how to get started with them on craftsy ;)

http://www.craftsy.com/class/the-wilton-method-creative-cake-pops/4749

Reaction score
Well I am not going to be trying to bake celebration cakes any time soon. I will continue to admire what you guys produce and look longingly at all I can find online. I think those cake pops look so yummy. The kid who's mom produces those will have her/her bag carried for the term. Here is a start for your fondant.

Reaction score
When I'm looking for good and easy ideas for decoration I always look through Pinterest, it's very easy to find good decoration ideas in there :) The place is loaded with that! Celebration cakes don't need to be super fancy :) Just check Pinterest and you will see great easy ideas. It's all about creativity.

Ask a Question