Christmas cake

Discussion in 'Cakes' started by Becky, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Becky

Becky Administrator

In a break with tradition, I have decided to actually bake my cake more than just a couple of weeks before Christmas this year! :D It will give me plenty of time to feed it with alcohol, so it should be ready for eating at the start of December. I'll try to remember to take some photos next time I unwrap it for a feed.

Anyone else started to think about Christmas baking?

Becky, Sep 6, 2018
    Angie CupcakeQueen likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

Becky Administrator

Becky, Sep 7, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

Angie CupcakeQueen Well-Known Member

I’ve been thinking about Christmas baking and I’m really excited. I have decided to do some different things this year. My family is having a Thanksgiving/ Christmas get together on December 1st so I get to make things for both holidays which should be fun.
    Last year for Christmas I made cupcakes but this year I’m going to try my hand at a couple different flavors of cake pops and some mini bundt cakes.
    Plus all of the cookies and other treats I usually do for Christmas. Some of the cookies I’ll be able to freeze ahead of time thank goodness. Major time saver around the holidays!

Angie CupcakeQueen, Sep 10, 2018
    Becky likes this.
  4. Becky

Becky Administrator

That sounds great, I've always wanted to make a bundt cake but I don't know whether I'd make them often enough to justify buying a tin. Wish I knew someone who had one so I could borrow it! I suppose the mini bundt cake pans take up less room, but I'm running short of space as it is.

Have you ever made a Yule Log? I made one a few years back and it was really tasty, might make one again this year.

Becky, Sep 10, 2018
  5. Becky

Angie CupcakeQueen Well-Known Member

I’ve never made a Yule log but I really want to try. The issue I’m having is rolling the cake. I tried last year and the whole thing was a disaster. It was awful. It made me a bit nervous to try again. I mean I have had some things turn out bad but that was beyond horrible.

As for the bundt pans, my sister gave me a really nice bundt cake pan that make six mini bundt cakes and I love it.
    She bought it from Pampered Chef.

Angie CupcakeQueen, Sep 10, 2018
    Becky likes this.
  6. Becky

Becky Administrator

That's a shame, they can be tricky but well worth the effort so don't give up! The one I made had roasted chestnut puree and brandy cream in the middle, yummmmm :)

Becky, Sep 11, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question