Coconut bites!

Reaction score
I love coconut bites, who doesn't? Apparently not my fiance :p But who cares! Just look at those round deliciousness covered coconut bites! They look like truffles! uhhhh... fancy!

550838bb26207c7a40a3859761a9480f.jpg

http://pinchofyum.com/dark-chocolate-coconut-bites

Reaction score
Oh have mercy, those look really yummy. I'm going to have to click and see that recipe, especially with the holidays coming. I know my friends, and particularly my friend/neighbor's hubby will love them. I make him extra sweets at Christmas because she rarely makes sweets due to her diabetes, but as soon as I bring someone over, he snarfs it up.

Reaction score
Check it out, I hope you like it :) I didn't think the ingredient list was too long, I actually thought it was perfect for me to try too ;) They look like truffes, so I am sure a lot people you present those to will feel so drawn to at least try one! I think they are perfect for parties :D Just make sure to make many of them! I think that combo is addictive!

Reaction score
I love individual bite size goodies like this. Although, I'm sure if I made these I would be having more than one bite! I love the combination of coconut and chocolate. Coconut always reminds me of vacations so it feels even more indulgent when I make something with it as an ingredient!

This would be another thing that would be nice to give people as a festive gift!

Reaction score
Mmmm! These sound like the Mounds or Almond Joy candy bars, only better. I should totally make some of these to give as gifts for the holidays or to bring along to parties. I'm going to have a really hard time not indulging myself with these though.

One won't hurt, right? ;)

Reaction score
Oh Jesus help me!!! What am I going to do with this one Trellum. I came here curious about this recipe simply because I love coconut in almost anything and then I am presented with coconut and CHOCOLATE????? Trellum is looking to send me to an early grave.

Zyni you really think one won't hurt?:)

Reaction score
What makes those more tempting it's the fact they don't require a ton of ingredients to make and they are also to easy to make ;) I'd give them a try if I wasn't trying to lose weight right now :p

Reaction score
Mmmm! These sound like the Mounds or Almond Joy candy bars, only better. I should totally make some of these to give as gifts for the holidays or to bring along to parties. I'm going to have a really hard time not indulging myself with these though.

One won't hurt, right? ;)

One will definitely not hurt ;) And yes, I have been thinking of doing the same next year during the St. marteen holiday, at least the first year. I want to celebrate I am staying there for good and starting a new life, so I might give the kids something special like this.

Reaction score
I love individual bite size goodies like this. Although, I'm sure if I made these I would be having more than one bite! I love the combination of coconut and chocolate. Coconut always reminds me of vacations so it feels even more indulgent when I make something with it as an ingredient!

This would be another thing that would be nice to give people as a festive gift!

Yes, I know for sure i'd end up eating more than just 2 or 3 :oops: I just love coconut and chocolate, specially if they are together. I've tried something like this before, and for some reason I think the ones from this recipe will taste just like those I had at that one party. Definitely something you can offer at a nice party or give as a festive gift :)

Reaction score
This is a very interesting recipe for a dessicated coconut and a choccolate. I am always baking coconut macaroons for my gift giving during Christmas Day and I think for a change I will try making this and one thing the ingredients are only simple and easy to make too. Thanks for sharing this recipe :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
You are welcome and I am glad to hear you are going to give this recipe a try :) And just so you know, only share recipes I want and will try myself: I like simple recipes that are most of the times easy and ALWAYS call for few ingredients or well known ones. I really like to try to keep it simple.

Reaction score
Check it out, I hope you like it :) I didn't think the ingredient list was too long, I actually thought it was perfect for me to try too ;) They look like truffes, so I am sure a lot people you present those to will feel so drawn to at least try one! I think they are perfect for parties :D Just make sure to make many of them! I think that combo is addictive!

These look so good I might get some of the small baking boxes and present them as gifts this Christmas. I used to always have some of those on hand, because I'd make fudge and cookies and give them to friends and neighbors, but I've cut back over the years. These look so easy though, that they might make it worth it to make several batches and share :). Assuming I don't eat them all, that is.

Reaction score
Yes!!!1 That sounds like a really brilliant idea! I might do the same!! I think those can look so fancy in one of those cute little boxes with a ribbon, I've something very specific n mind :) If you try it let me know and take a picture, I'd love seeing that! Whoever gets that on Christmas will surely love it!

Reaction score
This is a very interesting recipe for a dessicated coconut and a choccolate. I am always baking coconut macaroons for my gift giving during Christmas Day and I think for a change I will try making this and one thing the ingredients are only simple and easy to make too. Thanks for sharing this recipe :)

Yum. Macaroons are SO good. Now, I'm picturing those dipped in chocolate too.

What are you guys trying to do to me? :eek:

I want to bake lots of goodies this holiday season, but I don't want to gain weight in the process!

Reaction score
Yum. Macaroons are SO good. Now, I'm picturing those dipped in chocolate too.

What are you guys trying to do to me? :eek:

I want to bake lots of goodies this holiday season, but I don't want to gain weight in the process!

Yes you are right Macaroons are really so good and yummy!! Don't worry because the Holiday Season is only once a year then.. Why we will sacrifice ourselves not to eat those festive foods and baking goodies?...We can eat why not?.. but in moderation only and don't worry about gaining weight and just enjoy yourself celebrating the holiday season this coming month of December. :)

Reaction score
Yes you are right Macaroons are really so good and yummy!! Don't worry because the Holiday Season is only once a year then.. Why we will sacrifice ourselves not to eat those festive foods and baking goodies?...We can eat why not?.. but in moderation only and don't worry about gaining weight and just enjoy yourself celebrating the holiday season this coming month of December. :)

Well, I may have just enjoyed myself a little too much over the past couple years. Due to disability, I'm not as active as I once was, so I have to be more careful now. I will however manage to get a few goodies in over the holidays. That's pretty much a given. :D I'll just practice moderation, like you mentioned.

Reaction score
These coconut bites look delicious. I love dark chocolate and coconut together! This reminds me of my favorite candy as a child: Almond Joys. My husband loves dark chocolate, so I cannot wait to make this for our Thanksgiving dinner. I read through the recipe and I had one question. What are desiccated coconuts? Thank you!

Reaction score
These coconut bites look delicious. I love dark chocolate and coconut together! This reminds me of my favorite candy as a child: Almond Joys. My husband loves dark chocolate, so I cannot wait to make this for our Thanksgiving dinner. I read through the recipe and I had one question. What are desiccated coconuts? Thank you!

Welcome to the forum! Desiccated coconut is also known as shredded coconut - basically it is dried coconut flesh which has been shredded.

Reaction score
Well, I may have just enjoyed myself a little too much over the past couple years. Due to disability, I'm not as active as I once was, so I have to be more careful now. I will however manage to get a few goodies in over the holidays. That's pretty much a given. :D I'll just practice moderation, like you mentioned.

Yes you can just eat in moderation with a few goodies and I am sure it will not affect that much on your health. :)

Ask a Question