Cookie cutter/press and baking sheet

Reaction score
Please help! Ive tried a few cookie cutters/press much to my dissappointment. My good old faithfull went missing years ago and have just since been doing the good ol rolling into balls and flatten simply because I cant find one just like my old one. I just cant remember the make.
So, please who can recommend a good fairly priced one which does not need a pilots license to use! So many good and bad reviews on the market for so many different ones.
Also my baking sheet has seen better days and the new ones i have bought burn the biscuits. What do you use?
Would really like to hear from bakers who have tried and tested equipment.
Thanks in advance
MM
x

Reaction score
Please help! Ive tried a few cookie cutters/press much to my dissappointment. My good old faithfull went missing years ago and have just since been doing the good ol rolling into balls and flatten simply because I cant find one just like my old one. I just cant remember the make.
So, please who can recommend a good fairly priced one which does not need a pilots license to use! So many good and bad reviews on the market for so many different ones.
Also my baking sheet has seen better days and the new ones i have bought burn the biscuits. What do you use?
Would really like to hear from bakers who have tried and tested equipment.
Thanks in advance
MM
x

@Mrs Mosey, I can’t help you with the cookie cutters brands since I live in the US.

Are your new baking sheets a dark colored metal? If so, that’s probably the cause of the burnt cookies. The darker metal conducts heat more intensely. The recommendations for dark, non-stick, and anodized aluminum bakeware is reducing the oven temperature by 15°F -
25°F. So if the recipe states 350°F ( 170°C) bake at 325°F (160°C) to prevent over baking caused by the type of metal.

You can also place baking paper on the baking sheet to further help insulate your cookies from the heat.

Nearly of my baking sheets and cake pans are light non-coated metal. I specifically look for these types of metals because they do not over brown. I have more control over my baking. But these types of pans are no longer available in Europe because they’re made of aluminum. In Europe they coat all of the aluminum cookware.

Ask a Question