Do you listen to music while you bake?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by smlewis00, Jan 23, 2014.

1. smlewis00

smlewis00 Well-Known Member

Do you listen to music while you bake? I do! :) I love cranking up the music super loud and jamming while I bake! I think it is fun and relaxing! I like to listen to high energy music while baking and decorating cupcakes, cakes, cookies ect...
    What about you? Do you listen to music while you are baking? If so, what kind? High energy music, or slow jams?

smlewis00, Jan 23, 2014
    Utopian and Danyel72 like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. smlewis00

Lacey Well-Known Member

I love to listen to music when I bake. It really puts me in the mood to bake and I find myself dancing and singing while I am baking. It really makes a baking project more fun when there is music involved.

Lacey, Jan 24, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. smlewis00

LindaKay Well-Known Member

Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. It depends on the type of mood that I'm in..

LindaKay, Jan 24, 2014
  4. smlewis00

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I usually watch/listen to TV shows while I bake. Thursday night I was baking cupcakes and watching Impractical Jokers. I usually watch comedy shows while baking.

ACSAPA, Jan 25, 2014
  5. smlewis00

randee555 Well-Known Member

Yes, I do listen to music while baking. I love singing and dancing so I like my music on so I can have a good time while in the kitchen. Music seems to get everyone involved and it almost becomes a little party.

randee555, Jan 25, 2014
  6. smlewis00

randee555 Well-Known Member

randee555, Jan 25, 2014
  7. smlewis00

dorannmwin Well-Known Member

Well, for me, I am either listening to some kind of music or I am listening to the television or something. I really don't do all that well with silence.

dorannmwin, Jan 26, 2014
  8. smlewis00

Annette Well-Known Member

I love to listen to dance music while I bake because I love the upbeat tempo of the music. I mainly choose my music based on the mood I am in while baking. I will listen to classical when I am feeling relaxed. I will listen to a little rock when I want to be edgy while baking. I just listen to whatever I am in the mood for when I bake.

Annette, Jan 28, 2014
  9. smlewis00

Jazma Active Member

Yes i listen to country music while i bake. It seems to get me in the mood if not to fast and up beat. I rather take my time and so i wont mess anything up.

Jazma, Apr 6, 2014
  10. smlewis00

ursell Member

No I don't listen to music when I bake.

ursell, Apr 8, 2014
  11. smlewis00

brownca Member

Baking is a form of therapy for me, so yes, music is a must. My playlist is long and eclectic so there is everything from jazzy songs to soft and romantic. It makes the whole process feel less of a chore and more of a party especially the clean up.

brownca, Apr 10, 2014
  12. smlewis00

forextraspecialstuff Well-Known Member

I almost always listen to music when I bake. I tend to choose sort of cheesy pop music, sometimes Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees. It just livens the process up and I dance around to it for fun. Baking is my happy activity and the music enhances it.

forextraspecialstuff, Apr 15, 2014
  13. smlewis00

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member

I don't listen to music while I bake, but I watch a ton of Dr. Phil on my laptop while baking...ha ha. I am an addict for the television show and it is so entertaining to me while waiting for everything to set in.

alexiskilgannon, May 18, 2014
  14. smlewis00

LetThemEatCake Well-Known Member

It just depends on what I'm baking for me- if it's something complicated, I usually don't listen to music because I'm trying to concentrate, but when it's something easy I love to listen to music and have a sing and dance party in my kitchen, haha!

LetThemEatCake, May 18, 2014
  15. smlewis00

LindaKay Well-Known Member

LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Dr. Phil. He's an old favorite to watch while you're in the kitchen. My grandma used to watch him on the mini TV that she had in her kitchen.

LindaKay, May 18, 2014
  16. smlewis00

Baker Man Active Member

I sing while I mix and do my prep work. But I only sing songs by Guns 'n Roses. I don't know why, it's just something I've been doing for years. I also have a tendency to sway like Axl Rose while I do this. I am mocked for this in my home, but it's what I do and I'm not stopping anytime soon.

Baker Man, May 19, 2014
  17. smlewis00

cmiller Well-Known Member

Yes I do listen to music while I bake. I always listen to music while I bake what I listen to all depends on what mood that I am in and what I am baking.

cmiller, Aug 19, 2014
  18. smlewis00

NThomas Well-Known Member

I don't normalylisten to music while I bake. I turn the TV up so I can hear it in the kitchen while I am working.

NThomas, Sep 15, 2014
  19. smlewis00

JessiFox Well-Known Member

Of course! Baking is always a good excuse for a dance party around here ;). I have music on in the background for almost everything I do...baking & cooking, studying, working out, 99% of the time there's a soundtrack to my day, lol.

JessiFox, Sep 23, 2014
  20. smlewis00

Danyel72 Well-Known Member

When I'm baking I love to listen to music! It just makes me happy and gives me tons of energy. I normally like to listen to Christian music and whatever is popular now. I turn it up super loud and it's actually really funny because it's just about when my teenage daughter gets home from school. She walks into the house looking very confused! I LOVE it !!! She LOVES to bake as well and had taken many cooking and baking classed over the past few years. She is always the first one in our house to jump in and give me a hand. :)
    Happy baking everyone !
    Danyel :)

Danyel72, Sep 26, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question