What kind of music do you listen to?

Reaction score
I love music, and I find it very relaxing, and entertaining. I love to listen to it while I bake, cook, clean, drive, and even during family cookouts. Oh, we also listen to it when we camp too. Country music is my favorite. What is your favorite?

Reaction score
I like rock and christian music, and it's true, I like listening to music when I bake because it is soothing and also because it tends to drown the noise of the mixer too!

Reaction score
I just love music!! my favorite music is country and as i'm from South Africa i love afrikaans music we have some amazing singers here in South Afica! I realy listen to music the whole day sometimes just radio and sometimes cd's it depends on my mood!! Music makes me feel happy and relaxed and i love dancing aswell!!!

Reaction score
I like Japanese pop, Korean pop, electronic dance music from all over the world, American pop, disco and R&B.
Even though he's an old man now, I'm still a Prince fan.

Reaction score
I love music, and I find it very relaxing, and entertaining. I love to listen to it while I bake, cook, clean, drive, and even during family cookouts. Oh, we also listen to it when we camp too. Country music is my favorite. What is your favorite?

I am the same way I love to listen to music when I am baking,cleaning or cooking, also when at the park, or what have you, it is so relaxing and soothing, keeps me motivated when cleaning and baking mainly. I like all kinds of music pretty much it depends on what mood I am in, although I would have to say I don't care much for heavy metal or opera, other then those, it depends on the song more then anything, I love to listen to christian, country, classic rock, etc..... can't really pick a favorite type of music,I just like almost all of it.:)

Reaction score
I like Japanese pop, Korean pop, electronic dance music from all over the world, American pop, disco and R&B.

Fellow fan of Japanese music, it is nice to meet you (I'm not big on the Kpop, though!).

I don't really like any particular genre of music. I listen to a little bit of everything! I have a lot of indie music from bands that have yet to really hit it big (cue "you've probably never heard of it" hipster moments). I really just listen to what sounds pleasing to me, regardless of genre.

Reaction score
Fellow fan of Japanese music, it is nice to meet you (I'm not big on the Kpop, though!).

I don't really like any particular genre of music. I listen to a little bit of everything! I have a lot of indie music from bands that have yet to really hit it big (cue "you've probably never heard of it" hipster moments). I really just listen to what sounds pleasing to me, regardless of genre.

Nice to meet you too. Are you more into Japanese rock or Japanese pop? I listen to both, but I like the pop more.
Japanese music videos are amazing , and the singers from that part of the world are gorgeous.

Reaction score
I don't usually listen to music while I'm baking because I like my music LOUD and that's a distraction, unless I'm making a tried and true recipe! I am a big fan of country music as well. Clint Black has been a favorite of mine for a long time...I've lost count of how many times I've seen him in concert! I also like the band Train. Oldies from the 60's and 70's are another favorite. Mostly, if it's got a good beat and good lyrics I'm happy with it.

Reaction score
I just love music!! my favorite music is country and as i'm from South Africa i love afrikaans music we have some amazing singers here in South Afica! I realy listen to music the whole day sometimes just radio and sometimes cd's it depends on my mood!! Music makes me feel happy and relaxed and i love dancing aswell!!!

A few months ago my husband and I watched a documentary about an artist from the US in the 70's. The people who marketed him said he was amazing but he never sold any music here. Turns out he sold millions in South Africa, and evidently was a bit of an icon there. His name is Rodriguez. Have you heard of him?

Reaction score
Nice to meet you too. Are you more into Japanese rock or Japanese pop? I listen to both, but I like the pop more.
Japanese music videos are amazing , and the singers from that part of the world are gorgeous.

I was a lot more into the rock scene up until a few years ago - I was a total diehard fan of Dir en Grey. A lot of the fans in the rock scene really turned me off from it, though. Now my playlist is about equal amounts rock and pop. Ever heard of the band toe? That's a lot more along the lines of my tastes nowadays.

Reaction score
I was a lot more into the rock scene up until a few years ago - I was a total diehard fan of Dir en Grey. A lot of the fans in the rock scene really turned me off from it, though. Now my playlist is about equal amounts rock and pop. Ever heard of the band toe? That's a lot more along the lines of my tastes nowadays.

I've heard of Toe. My daughter thought the name was funny. I still think Bump of Chicken is the weirdest Japanese band name.
I like Gackt, HYDE, L Arc En Ciel, Yoshiki by himself and with X Japan, sometimes Dir En Grey, also The Gazette and Versailles.
I mostly stick to J pop and the lighter J rock. I don't listen to anything too heavy. The hardest J rock I listen to is Dir En Grey, The Gazette and Maximum the Hormone.
I'm more of a J pop fan.

Reaction score
I like listening to different types of music, but it depends. Most of the time, I enjoy listening to reggae music all day every day. I love reggae music!!! :D

Reaction score
I've heard of Toe. My daughter thought the name was funny. I still think Bump of Chicken is the weirdest Japanese band name.
I like Gackt, HYDE, L Arc En Ciel, Yoshiki by himself and with X Japan, sometimes Dir En Grey, also The Gazette and Versailles.
I mostly stick to J pop and the lighter J rock. I don't listen to anything too heavy. The hardest J rock I listen to is Dir En Grey, The Gazette and Maximum the Hormone.
I'm more of a J pop fan.

I used to have the most ridiculous fangirl crush on Gackt. I was a pretty big fan of all these groups/artists back when I was younger! I'm a little ashamed to admit I don't really keep up with the Japanese music scene as much as I used to ... I keep an eye on Yoshiki on twitter (he still mentions hide sometimes and I cry a little), but that's about it. I think the only musicians I keep major tabs on are toe and Ohashi Trio.

Reaction score
I used to have the most ridiculous fangirl crush on Gackt. I was a pretty big fan of all these groups/artists back when I was younger! I'm a little ashamed to admit I don't really keep up with the Japanese music scene as much as I used to ... I keep an eye on Yoshiki on twitter (he still mentions hide sometimes and I cry a little), but that's about it. I think the only musicians I keep major tabs on are toe and Ohashi Trio.

I'm one of those devoted fans that will stick with an artist for decades. HYDE has gotten older and changed since the Moon Child movie with Gackt but I still think he's hot and buy every new album that he and Gackt come out with.
I follow Yoshiki on Twitter and Facebook and he posted a cute photo of himself on Facebook that said "Vampire is working hard as usual." Adorable.

I like both HYDE from L Arc En Ciel and Hide from X Japan.
Did you see the X Japan video for IV from the movie Saw 4?
First of all, it's a mind trip that you could go see Saw 4 in America and hear X Japan in the ending credits, secondly Yoshiki looked stunning in the video playing that customized glass piano, but the most emotional part of the video is seeing Hide's guitar sitting on the stage with them, as if he was playing with them in spirit.

My 15 year old daughter is also a Gackt fan so we are constantly emailing each other videos of Gackt. Did you know that Kamijo, the singer from Versailles used to be Gackt's roadie?

Reaction score
I have a lot of their older music from before the start of the decade, haha. I listen to the newer things on occasion, but I'm a lot more fond of their older works.

The video for IV was great! hide's guitar being set out was so sweet. It was a very powerful video; I think I got some intense shivers down my spine when I first watched it.

I never knew that! I was never that big into Versailles.

Reaction score
I am the same way I love to listen to music when I am baking,cleaning or cooking, also when at the park, or what have you, it is so relaxing and soothing, keeps me motivated when cleaning and baking mainly. I like all kinds of music pretty much it depends on what mood I am in, although I would have to say I don't care much for heavy metal or opera, other then those, it depends on the song more then anything, I love to listen to christian, country, classic rock, etc..... can't really pick a favorite type of music,I just like almost all of it.:)
I don't like heavy metal either...ewww! That's kind of how I am, I listen to a little bit of everything, but mostly country, but I get into other kinds or certain songs.

Reaction score
I have a lot of their older music from before the start of the decade, haha. I listen to the newer things on occasion, but I'm a lot more fond of their older works.

The video for IV was great! hide's guitar being set out was so sweet. It was a very powerful video; I think I got some intense shivers down my spine when I first watched it.

I never knew that! I was never that big into Versailles.

I wasn't into Versailles during their heyday, but I recently developed an appreciation for their dramatic costumes and Kamijo's theatrical vocal style. They're actually pretty epic and drenched in drama, almost operatic.

What J-pop do you listen to? My list of J-pop favorites is pretty long. :)

Reaction score
I've only listened to some of their music, but I definitely appreciated their style from what I saw and heard.

I think the most Jpop I have on my computer is Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. I've got a pretty hefty selection of Olivia Ong's works, though she transcends into Mandopop and other styles, too. I've a fondness for most any work with Yoko Kanno's name behind it.

Reaction score
I've only listened to some of their music, but I definitely appreciated their style from what I saw and heard.

I think the most Jpop I have on my computer is Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. I've got a pretty hefty selection of Olivia Ong's works, though she transcends into Mandopop and other styles, too. I've a fondness for most any work with Yoko Kanno's name behind it.

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is adorable. Do you like Perfume? They have the same producer as Kyary and they are also adorable, perfect human fashion dolls like her.
Capsule also has the same producer, Yasutaka Nakata and he's in the duo Capsule.

Yoko Kanno is crazy talented and has done a lot of great work in anime music.

Ask a Question