What's are some of your favorite genres of music?

Reaction score
I love so many genres of music I could spend the entire day talking about it. My own spiritual Kingdom Melodies are quite soothing and motivational to me with a lot of emphasis on the lyrics.

If I am exercising , I love to exercise to some calypso or hip hop. If I am relaxing at home on a Sunday afternoon, I am happy to listen to some R&B, Oldie Goldies ,Country and Western or Jazz.

I am from the Caribbean and have a young son, so it should come as no surprise that I can also enjoy some Reggae and Dancehall (the clean version). I have found that there are so many types of music out there, it is mind boggling.

What do you enjoy?

Reaction score
I like all the various genres of EDM including trance, house, electroclash, drum n bass, glitch hop, dubstep , etc.
I also like 1980's pop music and a genre called neo 80's where new artists use synthesizers to create fake 80's music, like the artist Miami Nights 1984.
I also like Korean and Japanese pop music. When I say Korean pop, I do not mean Gangnam Style, I mean Shinhwa, G Dragon, BoA, Bigbang, Exo, etc.

Reaction score
I really can't say I have a favorite genre of music . Good music is good music if I like it i will play it. I love hip hop R&B as well as some country and classical . I Like Korean R&B and a bit of Kpop. The music scene was much better in the korean market befor it became so popular and the Kpop explosin , now it has lost it authenticity and is a cheap immitaion of the 90s boy band and R&B rip offs.

Reaction score
I like a lot musical genres, my fav ones right now are mostly ethnic music, as well as some dance, trance and even klezmer, lol. If I'm in the mood I'll listen to some metal as well. I really like a bit of everything, excepting for country or R&B.

Reaction score
A lot of indie, pop, jazz, and blues are some of my favorite genres of music.

Reaction score
When I saw of the genres of music listed her Japanese pop and others, I thought I would just look online to see how many of genres of music are recorded as being out there. I was amazed at the amount of genres currently named. The number seems endless.

See the link below. It was an eye opener for me, and this list apparently only scratches the surface.

http://www.musicgenreslist.com/

Reaction score
I love listening to country, it's pretty much one of the first I listen to. I also listen to classical too. Basically anything so long as it's not heavy metal haha, that's not really my thing :p

Reaction score
I like a little bit of everything really, but I guess my favorite would be like soft rock type music. I really just depends what I am in the mood for.

Reaction score
Classic rock like The Doors and opera! I like opera as it is soothing and relaxing and The Doors and rock music, where the lyrics are usually inspiring as the songwriters were more poetic than they are these days.

Reaction score
I really can't say I have a favorite genre of music . Good music is good music if I like it i will play it. I love hip hop R&B as well as some country and classical . I Like Korean R&B and a bit of Kpop. The music scene was much better in the korean market befor it became so popular and the Kpop explosin , now it has lost it authenticity and is a cheap immitaion of the 90s boy band and R&B rip offs.
I sort of agree. I have some early 2000s Korean CDs that were better than some of the newer music that has come out since the Kpop explosion.
I'm glad that the old Kpop boy band Shinhwa is back and still making music.

Reaction score
To be honest, I mostly like Modern Pop. The beat usually gives me a jumpy, enthusiastic feel. Of course, I like all the genres of music, though Modern Pop is my favorite genre. Have you heard F.U.N by Pitbull ft. Chris Brown? It's just so...FUN! And another song, Dear Future Husband by Meghan Trainor is much better! It gives you that bouncy, perky feeling!

Reaction score
I'm pretty open to most genres - maybe not death metal, but everything else I at least entertain the concept of!

It's probably easier to say my favorite band is The Lumineers - I love that folk rock sound :)

Reaction score
Oh NO!!! Now you done it!!!!
Here I go.........

I like little bits of almost everything, but my main staple is dance music. I was a teenager in the 70's, so I grew up with disco. Donna Summer is my all time favorite song Goddess.

Of course I was also in my 20's during the 80's......

I love Boy George............

Reaction score
One of my favorite groups.........Army of Lovers

One of the current incarnations of Army of Lovers...
Group called Gravitonas...

Reaction score
I also like some dark metal, death metal, and goth metal.....Static X being one of my favorite groups of that genre'.

I do listen to a LOT of ambient music while at work.

Reaction score
@ChesterV let's dance to Otis.. What a journey I was dancing in my bed. It's Kaiso (calypso)season in my country right now btw . When my son plays Otis I smile that he can appreciate music from that era. It warms my heart.
Well rounded like his mum.

Ask a Question