Do you use a rolling pin?

Do you still use a rolling pin?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Of course I do, I just don't trust glass... sometimes when I made certain things like for example bunuelos, I need to get a realy thin tortilla shaped piece of dough... actually many of them. I am afraid the glass would eventually give up, no thanks, no risks with rolling pins. I just don't feel the same since I saw what happened to some of those kids trying the Kylie Jenner challenge.

Reaction score
I invested 2 rolling pin as part of my kitchen stuffs. But sad to say it is just there in my utensils organizer. I seldom use it. When I am making my pizza roll that is the only time I am using it.

Reaction score
I tend to do a lot of drop type items, rather than roll out ones, simply because I often have wrist/hand/arm pain, so it's easier. But, I do actually have two rolling pins, and I use them on occasion. I love the look and feel of the older wood one, and also have a marble one, which stays cooler, and is nice when I'm making something with a dough that can get too sticky if it gets too warm while being rolled out.

It never occurred to me to use a glass as a cookie or biscuit cutter. I recently bought a few biscuit and cookie cutters at a garage sale for that purpose, because I liked their shapes and sizes, but I think I'll try using a glass, too.

Reaction score
I recently make some donuts and I used a mug instead of a rolling pin. :D But had nice donuts through. will share with you the delicious chocolate cream filled donuts I made :)

Reaction score
I usually use it when molding fondant.
I use a plastic rolling pin so it's easier to clean and the fondant won't stick.

Ask a Question