Does anyone work from home??

Reaction score
That sucks. People don't understand that people who work from home work harder because we're not guaranteed a wage. We work hard for every penny and sometimes get paid pennies, literally. I got lucky in the neighbor department because my neighbor is also a single mom who works from home, so she gets it.
If you're a single mom and don't want your kid to raise themselves or be raised by strangers, working from home is a must.
And not to mention, we also do not get to leave our jobs and go home... we are in it all the time.

Reaction score
If you are familiar with sites like Buzzfeed, whatscoolnow, etc... I work for Influential Publishers and they do the same thing as those sites mentioned. You make slides and write about each one. I have enjoyed working for them and would be more than happy to send you the link, if interested.

Reaction score
Hi randee555. I'm sorry to hear that you have anxiety! :( That would be hard to deal with. I feel most comfortable at home too. I hope I never have to go back to the workplace!! :)
I work from home. I don't make a lot of money yet - but I'm working on it. It is a slow process because the get rich quick claims don't work!! I can PM you a link to my website
if you want to check-out what I do. Again - you won't get rich quick - but if you work these as a job you will start to make some money. :)
Hang in there!! :)

What kid of work do you do from home? I am a full time student and I am disabled but I have been looking into some work from home opportunities. I have found a lot of scams and very few actual jobs! I have found one that I am doing but so far it hasn't really payed out!

Reaction score
I would caution anyone who is looking into "work from home" opportunities to do your research. If it sounds too good to be true then it is! We are all looking for ways to bring in some extra money in todays economy but please make sure you are being safe!

Reaction score
I've been working at home for a few years now. I won't lie and say that I make a full time income, but I've gotten to the point that I'm able to make nearly as much as I would be making if I had a part time job outside the house.

I choose to do it for my kids, but I know that other people have very different reasons that they choose to work at home.

I would be honored if you would share the link to some of the sites that you work on as i am an unemployed mother trying to make two ends meet but at times it just seems rather impossible.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the anxiety, however I think working at home is a great step for every. I wish society would start teaching it more in schools, instead of teaching we all need to grow up get a 9 to 5 and pay our taxes. I have been doing it for about two years now and I absolutely love it. It has managed to be pay about half of my bills every month and leave me with a little extra.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of those work from home customer service jobs. I hear the QVC phone opperators work from home. I also knew someone who worked on line taking phone orders for those as seen on T.V products. Has anyone looked in to this type of job?

Reaction score
I've been trying to find some work I can do from home. I have anxiety and it's gotten worse in the last 5 months so I want to work from home since I'm most comfortable and relaxed there. I have looked at so much stuff online but don't know what's legit and what's a scam. So my question is, does anyone work from home or know of of any legit online jobs?
I work from home and have been for a few months now. I work part time and really love it. I have 4 children so this works best for me and their schedule.My husband is the main provider so really everything else during the day falls with me. :) I work just to make a little extra spending money which is fine. Helps me to feel like I'm contributing in some small way as well.
Danyel :)

Reaction score
Danyel, hi! :) what do you do from home? I always love to hear what
others find to do from home to make money.
That is, if you don't mind sharing? :)
Welcome to the site! :)

Reaction score
I also think working from home is much harder. You spend so much time working and if you don't plan things right, you receive very little income. With research and practice though, I am starting to see my monthly income increase.

Reaction score
Danyel, hi! :) what do you do from home? I always love to hear what
others find to do from home to make money.
That is, if you don't mind sharing? :)
Welcome to the site! :)
Sorry it took me a while to get back with you... busy weekend here as usual. :) I don't have an actual "job" working from home. I write for a company called Postloop, and I also earn points through Mysoapbox, Pinecone Research and Swagbucks. I do other random surveys as well on occasion. BasicallyI do it for extra spending money. Depending on how much time you put into it you can earn with cash and gift cards around $75.00 a week. At least that's what I did last week. I worked a few hours a day to earn that.
I would suggest checking out the sites I listed. I did a lot of research and they are sites I trust.

If you are looking to be hired by an actual company I would suggest applying to Alpine access/ Sykes. I applied there and after I finished my initial paperwork and testing I was offered a job immediately. I didn't accept it though. I am looking for something kind of specific. You can decline jobs though and they will keep offering them when they are available. :)

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions !
Danyel :)

Reaction score
I work from home, a lot of the jobs I would refer is mostly posting jobs those are the best and you never find one that is ever a scam. try Postloop, I earn from it every day and its a very nice site.

Reaction score
The Alpine job sounds interesting, what kind of work is it? I am a very fast typist and so I can do just about anything that involves typing.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. I have the exact same problem. I've tried a couple of jobs and both times I had to walk out due to anxiety problems making me ill. I'd be happier working from home because then at least if I had difficulties I'd have the space and home comforts to help me to deal with it. Unfortunately I've found that there isn't much support or understanding for people with these problems. I've tried appealing to employees about my issue to which I tend to get a sarcastic reply about how they don't want to 'hand hold.' (I understand why, but the world's already a hard enough place for people who suffer from disabilities whether they be mental or physical.) Now I'm trying really hard to support myself from home, although I've had limited success so far. (oh and I have been to see a doctor about this, but it just isn't that easy to overcome.)

What you do really depends on your skills. I put artwork and photos up for sale on sites like RedBubble. I can also build apps so I'm trying that route too. Oh and I also have web development skills so there's a chance I could consider freelance or something (I've tried looking for remote jobs but no such luck.) You can also make money through blogging.

It'll require a lot of hard work, motivation and perseverance to do, but if you're definitely sure it's the right thing for you then you should go for it. It's your life and you have to do what you think will make you happy. Good Luck.

Reaction score
I too would love to work from home, at least in some capacity. Right now I'm a stay at home mom which I love of course but I wish I could contribute more to our household finances and at least earn enough to cover a couple of bills a month or something.

I like writing so I'll have to check out iWriter or see if there's other sites like that out there!

Reaction score
I also work at home online but part time only that is why it is not that much that I am earning. I am still looking for some legit sites that might be of help to pay my monthly expenses at home. @dorannmwin and @mommy42 I would be glad if you could share to me also the links or sites that you are working. This is a very informative thread :)

Reaction score
If you have time to do all the research, I am sure you could find a way to make a decent living working at home full time. I have been doing online work for over a year, and before that sold some of my craft items on Etsy. The problem I have right now is finding the time to do things to increase my online earnings. I would love to get my Etsy business up and running again, but this would require at least a solid month of not working out of the home and having the funds I need to purchase supplies needed to make my crafts.

Ask a Question