Dutch Crunch Bread

Reaction score
I was browsing reddit the other day and saw a picture of some Dutch Crunch Bread that intrigued me. I didn't find much information about it in the comments, so I was wondering. Has anyone made this before? Does it take a lot of special ingredients or any kind of special skill or practice to make? I don't even know what the texture is like on the inside, or what it tastes like; it just looks so good, I might try it sometime!

Reaction score
I like it, but prefer thicker breads. Dutch crunch is good for sandwiches, though.

Reaction score
In the UK we call it Tiger Bread - it's delicious! I love the taste of the topping, and how crunchy it is. Basically it's a white bloomer that is coated with a paste before it is put in the oven to bake. I've never made it myself, but I have this recipe in one of my books:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/crackle_top_bread_97187

Haha, Tiger Bread sounds way better to me even than Dutch Crunch Bread! Thanks for the recipe, I'll have to try it sometime. :)

Ask a Question