Earl Gray Cookies

Reaction score
Here's a slightly unusual cookie recipe that I've made before. My best friend shared it with me when we were going through a British phase (I blame Downton Abby!)

These Earl Gray Cookies turn out a lot like traditional butter shortbread, but with the added, light aromatic flavor of Earl Gray tea. If you've never had this tea before, it has a bit of a light orange/lemon type flavor to it.

Mine turned out really well when I made them, though they are a bit unusual. If you don't like tea, you probably won't like them. If you do, you'll love them. I enjoyed them a lot. :)

Here is the recipe:
http://www.food.com/recipe/earl-grey-tea-cookies-119032

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of Earl Grey tea - I love drinking tea but just don't care for earl grey much (it smells so strong to me!)

My husband on the other hand would choose earl grey at number one spot over ANY other kind of tea, I'm convinced -- so I think he would like these cookies! :)

Reaction score
I have to say that I am always curious when I hear about other products that some of my favorite companies produce that I was not really aware of, and this certainly falls into that category. I am a fan of Earl Gray tea, and now it makes me really curious to see what they have to offer here. I am bettering they are pretty good, but there is only one way to find out. Thanks for sharing.

Ask a Question