Easy Peach Cobbler

Reaction score
An easier way to make any cobbler, is to use premade pie dough or canned biscuits.

If you use the pie dough, you place one pie crust on the bottom of the baking dish, and bake it until its lightly brown, then take it out of the oven and then put the filling in it and make your lattice work top from another pie crust and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.

If you use biscuits, then roll them out flat, place them into the bottom of the baking dish, and bake that for 5 minutes. Take it out of the oven, put the filling in it. Roll out some more biscuits and place them over the top.
Brush melted butter over the top of the biscuits and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

You don't need to use cinnamon sugar if you don't want too, you can use nutmeg sugar, allspice sugar, pumpkin spice sugar, or anything like that. Of course some spices go better with certain kinds of fruit.

If you don't want to use a dough top on your cobbler, then you can make a crumble top and put on your cobbler and bake it with a crumble top. Those are just as good (if not a bit better).

Reaction score
Wow, this recipe is perfect for me: few ingredients and not a bunch of paragraphs as instructions. Keep that up, I personally love recipes that are like that, it's nice to keep it simple as much as possible. I actually have all that in my kitchen already :)

I see simple or easy and you get my attention. You know how true that it Trellum. Somehow I missed this recipe before. I am not a fan of the sugar but I guess I can decide on the amount I would use and truth be told I would be doing this for guest and not necessarily myself.

Reaction score
I see simple or easy and you get my attention. You know how true that it Trellum. Somehow I missed this recipe before. I am not a fan of the sugar but I guess I can decide on the amount I would use and truth be told I would be doing this for guest and not necessarily myself.

Or you could use Stevia ;) Stevia is always a good choice, I'd use it all the time if I could find a Stevia sweetener that didn't have a ton of other chemical additives. I've found one that is almost mostly Stevia, but not 100% pure, so I only use it on the occasion. I should use it next time I bake a cheese pie though :) So no guilt whatsoever, excepting for carbs of course, those will always be there no matter what we do D:

Reaction score
I make something similar that I saw on one of Jamie Oliver's shows. He called it English pudding with peaches but the dough is really simple to remember and make. It it different from this recipe because it has eggs.

So, mix 125 grams of butter with 125 grams of sugar. Add two big eggs and mix some more. In the end add 125 grams of flour and hat is it. With this batter you just cover the peaches you had prepared earlier. That is an easy task as well. Half the peaches, put them in a sauce pan. Add few spoons of water and sugar. Some vanilla sticks and after some 10 minutes they should be done.

Reaction score
I cheat djordjem and use canned peaches,but I will have to give that a try and see what the eggs add,if I don't forget them the next time :)

Reaction score
here are some pictures :)

003.JPG

005.JPG

009.JPG

012.JPG

was the picture of the melted butter to much ? :)

it is in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes now

I did use evaporated milk,because I was out of regular milk,I just mixed it half and half from the can

I did drain one can of the peaches

sadly no pineapple to add in

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks lovely! I've never made a cobbler, in the UK we have something called a Crumble which is our equivalent.

Reaction score
it was great,I actually bought a timer and used it for the cobbler,it came out great,it made a decent amount of cobbler juice , which means it wasn't peaches and bread ,yes I have made those too :)

Reaction score
it was great,I actually bought a timer and used it for the cobbler,it came out great,it made a decent amount of cobbler juice , which means it wasn't peaches and bread ,yes I have made those too :)

I love it when you bake it long enough, where the fruit juice gets caramelized on the top of the batter, and makes a nice crunchy top on it!

Reaction score
I love easy dessert recipes and have been looking for a really easy peach cobbler that would use ingredients I normally have in my kitchen. This recipe fulfills all of the needs. I will definitly be trying it one night this week. Cool Whip or vanilla ice cream will be perfect with it.

Reaction score
Looks lovely! I've never made a cobbler, in the UK we have something called a Crumble which is our equivalent.

you need to make one Becky,there really simple to make and not much of a clean up is involved either,the most important thing is to time it right,so you don't get to much bread instead of cobbler juice,I'm bad to over bake stuff,but I have a timer now,so there isn't an excuse for that any more :)

and you can use any fruit that you like and mix different kinds too,I like to add a can of crushed or tidbit sized Pineapple to the Peaches,i made one out of some left over strawberries that was excellent ,I just cut them up,added a little sugar so i could have some strawberry juice too lol

Reaction score
I'm so glad you got a new to you stove @justme4910. Hopefully at some point, I can as well, and baking and cooking will be a joy again. That cobbler looks fabulous, I'd love to try it.

@Becky The crumbles I'm familiar with would have similar ingredients, but the crumble part would be more of a streusel. It's funny how different the recipes are from one place to another, but they're all still yummy.

Ask a Question