What are some easy recipe ideas for 3 years old?

Reaction score
My 3 years old daughter loves cooking and helping me in the kitchen. Yesterday she made her first Apple Cake and she was very happy :) :). Can you please give me some easy and fun recipes for baking and cooking for her age.

Thank you in advance and Happy Holidays!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :) How about Gingerbread? It's a good one for children because it doesn't matter so much if it gets overworked.

Reaction score
Something a child may enjoy making is a "banana swirl", which we (my children and I) got from Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.

All you need is some heavy whipping cream, a frozen banana, vanilla, and a blender.

First, blend the banana (or as my kids used to call it, "beeyana").
Then add half a cup of whipping cream. Blend.
Next, add two teaspoons of vanilla the mix. Blend until creamy.

My kids loved this treat, and I'm glad that someone can use it again. Very easy to make, even if the process is noisy!

Taste is similar to banana ice cream. Hope you enjoy!

Reaction score
I think 3 years old is not about baking but rather about eating what the adult is preparing.

Age 8-10 is more appropriate for basic food preparation skills in my view.

Reaction score
My son is 4 years-old. He loves to add the ingredients, in order, into the respective bowls. I have an "ice-cream" scoop that's meant for cookies. He loves to scoop cookies on to the tray. I'm sure the no-bake 3 ingredient cookies would scoop up nicely. :D

Reaction score
My all time favorites from an old Betty Crocker cookbook. It does take a bit of patience in that you have to wait for the meringue. But it's great for a weekend baking project. I like to make this for Valentine's Day and shape it into a heart. Simple yet fancy :)

CHERRY-BERRIES ON A CLOUD
6 egg whites
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
¼ teaspoon salt
1¾ cups sugar
2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese,
Softened (not heated just left out to get soft)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups chilled whipping cream
2 cups miniature marshmallows
Cherry-Berry Topping (below)

Heat oven to 275°. Grease oblong pan, 13x9x2 inches. Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until foamy. Beat in 134 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time; beat until stiff and glossy. Do not underbeat. Spread in pan. Bake 1 hour. Turn off oven; leave in oven with door closed at least 12 hours.

Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and the vanilla. Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl until stiff. Fold whipped cream and marshmallows into cream cheese mixture. Spread over meringue; refrigerate at least 12 hours. Cut into serving pieces and top with Cherry-Berry Topping.

CHERRY-BERRY TOPPING
Mix 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling, 2 cups sliced strawberries or 1 package (16 ounces) frozen strawberries (thawed) and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.

10 TO 12 SERVINGS.

Ask a Question