Ever tried cookies from non-conventional mix?

Fae

Reaction score
There's lots of cookie mixes available in stores, but have you ever tried experimenting with something that wasn't intended to be a cookie?

I've used strawberry cake mix as a cookie mix before. They came out like a chocolate chip cookie in texture, and had a strong, though really fake, strawberry taste. I've also made a few types of jello cookies with orange, lime, and lemon jello. Nice punchy flavor, but sickeningly sweet. Oh well, these things weren't meant for cookies, after all.

Got any of your own cookie fudging to share?

Reaction score
Until pretty recently I only used store bought cookie mix and they turned out OK. Lately, I've been mixing my own at home and I've gotta say, I have gotten a bit carried away with trying out new flavors. I even made up one or two by mixing different ingredients that weren't even in the recipe. Some were a disaster, but most were actually quite tasty.

Reaction score
To be honest, I haven't tried any of those cake mix except for the pancake that we used to buy ever since I was a young girl. For me, baking a cake should be started from the raw flour that you mix with other ingredients. Me and my husband are fond of experimenting in the kitchen especially when it comes to desserts that's why our cassava cake is an original recipe with the taste so unlike those cassava cakes sold in the market.

I am thinking of baking a cake for my birthday in October and I am imagining that it would be an original recipe that would include peanut butter and fresh fruit like mango or may peaches. The recipe is still being processed in my mind.

Reaction score
I've tried this before, way before they were a staple item in the cookie section or the store bakery.

I really don't like cake cookies.......believe that or not!!!! LOL
To me, they just taste really "off", I mean they have a funky taste and the texture makes me think of of pureed cardboard. And yes, I've tried different types, but they all taste the same to me.

If I want a cookie, I want a real cookie. If I want cake, I want real cake.

Now brownie mix cookies on the other hand..............OMG!!!!!!
BEST FREEKING COOKIES EVER!!!!
:D:p;)

Reaction score
I've tried this before, way before they were a staple item in the cookie section or the store bakery.

I really don't like cake cookies.......believe that or not!!!! LOL
To me, they just taste really "off", I mean they have a funky taste and the texture makes me think of of pureed cardboard. And yes, I've tried different types, but they all taste the same to me.

If I want a cookie, I want a real cookie. If I want cake, I want real cake.

Now brownie mix cookies on the other hand..............OMG!!!!!!
BEST FREEKING COOKIES EVER!!!!
:D:p;)

I laughed out loud at pureed cardboard...mmm mmm sounds delicious!

Now...you have my interest about these brownie cookies that you speak of! With the brownie mix, how do I convert it so that I make cookies out of it?

Sounds like a weekend project! :D

Reaction score
I laughed out loud at pureed cardboard...mmm mmm sounds delicious!

Now...you have my interest about these brownie cookies that you speak of! With the brownie mix, how do I convert it so that I make cookies out of it?

Sounds like a weekend project! :D

Depending on the mix, I use a tad less oil than it calls for.
Brownie mix and brownies are basically nothing more than a giant, thick cookie anyway.
You really don't have to do anything to the mix, unless you want them more chewy or more crunchy.
I like more crunchy, so I add less oil and bake them a bit longer.

I also use my formed cookie sheet for making them......

2105-0615med.jpg

Ask a Question