Failed Baking Moments

Reaction score
I am so happy I joined the forum. At first I was a bit apprehensive as I thought I would not be able to contribute since all my baking was from a box. I knew I would want to eventually bake more things from scratch and was afraid I would mostly be contributing to threads like these. Failed, failed, failed. But I have not been nearly as bad as I would have imagined;).

It's nice to know there is somewhere to come and share and laugh and learn.

Reaction score
That's the point of the forum - to share our experiences and in turn we become better at what we like to do, even if by bits and bits at a time.

Reaction score
I was baking a birthday cake once, but apparently I made it too moist. The cake just wanted to fall apart no matter what. I didn't have time to bake another, so I just "pasted" it together with frosting. It looked a little rough, yet passable, up until we tried to cut it. The pieces were not pretty. It tasted good, but ugh, what a mess.

Reaction score
Hey, at least it was edible. My worst attempt, I had to ditch the whole thing. We coulda played hockey with it, and I doubt it would have broke! :D

Reaction score
It was quite a while ago, but I learnt from it. I baked a toad-in-the hole and the batter hadn't risen because a) I hadn't beaten it long enough as I was multitasking and b) I kept opening the oven.

It tasted better than it looked, but I have learned to take time with the batter and I think I also didn't preheat the oven for long enough!!!

Ask a Question