Filo Dough

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have tips on the best way to work with Filo dough? When I use it, it tends to dry out very fast so I have to work quickly and I usually mess something up.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Any dough can dry up as you work. A good tip is to cover the dough you are not using at the time with a damp cloth. A dry cloth can work too, but a slightly damp one is better. Note: be careful the dough doesn't touch the cloth or it will stick and is hard to get off (yes, speaking from experience there). Toothpicks or putting the dough in a bowl or lace with a slightly raised edge can help keep the cloth separated from the dough. Good luck!

Reaction score
When workings it filo dough I keep it covered under a damp towel. I only take out as much as I able going to use at a time. I also fill a spray bottle with melted butter , this helps me to work fast and spray right away when I see my dough drying out.

Ask a Question