Fondant

Reaction score
I have never worked with fondant before. Is it difficult? What is the best way to start out using it and how do I go about making it? Do you buy it or make it yourself?
What have been your experiences? I would love to try it out. Any advice?

Reaction score
I have worked with fondant before and I did not find it that difficult to work with. This may have been because I did not try any super complicated designs. I kept things simple and made cute patterns using cookie cutters. The only fondant I have ever made is marshmallow fondant , the regular type is too complicated for me try make , so I just buy it.

Reaction score
I've never used fondant and have never tried a cake or anything with fondant on it. What's does it taste like?? I see it used on several baking shows but don't know much about it.

Reaction score
I have worked with fondant before and I did not find it that difficult to work with. This may have been because I did not try any super complicated designs. I kept things simple and made cute patterns using cookie cutters. The only fondant I have ever made is marshmallow fondant , the regular type is too complicated for me try make , so I just buy it.
Where did you buy the marshmallow fondant? How did it taste? I really want to try it, but I really have no idea where to begin. Did you have to use a rolling pin to spread it out, or is it not that easy to stretch out? I really don't know where to start.

Reaction score
Fondant is used to cover a cake. The fondant is decorated with flowers and designs. Fondant can be purchased from a store. I make my fondant from scratch. My recipe contains confectioner sugar, white corn syrup, vanilla extract and unflavored gelatin.

Reaction score
What exactly is fondant? I have heard of it but I have never used it before, I have seen many a recipe with it and wanted to make it but then didn't because it had fondant in it.:eek: So how does one use fondant and how do you make it?

Reaction score
Where did you buy the marshmallow fondant? How did it taste? I really want to try it, but I really have no idea where to begin. Did you have to use a rolling pin to spread it out, or is it not that easy to stretch out? I really don't know where to start.

I make my own marmellow fondant.It really is not hard at all and I wish I had seen this link before I stared on my own.There is a great recipe and explanation.

Here

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. I will definitely look into it, it looks really good. Now at least I have the heads up when it comes to making my own:)

Ask a Question