Frosting

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Hope some of you have some ideas for me.

I am looking fir a very simple, not to Sweet frosting for cupcakes and it doesn't have to be refrigerated.

Thank you

Reaction score
The only frosting that does not require refrigeration is going to be sickeningly sweet as the only way to avoid refrigeration is to use shortening and powdered sugar. It’s that inedible stuff grocery store bakeries, COSTCO, and low end bakeries use to decorate a cake.

A ganache can be left out longer than a real buttercream icing, but it too will require refrigeration.

Reaction score
I made a frosting a few years back that wasn't overly sweet - in fact there's no added sugar. It's made from dates, coconut oil, cocoa powder, and water. Here's the recipe:

http://www.therawtarian.com/raw-chocolate-icing

It was surprisingly delicious! You need a good, high-powered food processor in order to get it smooth though. It does require refrigeration, but it will probably fare better out of the fridge than something like cream-cheese frosting.

Reaction score
I made a frosting a few years back that wasn't overly sweet - in fact there's no added sugar. It's made from dates, coconut oil, cocoa powder, and water. Here's the recipe:

http://www.therawtarian.com/raw-chocolate-icing

It was surprisingly delicious! You need a good, high-powered food processor in order to get it smooth though. It does require refrigeration, but it will probably fare better out of the fridge than something like cream-cheese frosting.
Thank you.

Ask a Question