Fruit Pizza

Reaction score
Have you ever had, or eaten fruit pizza? The way I have always made it is to take sugar cookie dough (preferably homemade) and spread it onto a cookie sheet. Other varieties of cookie dough could also be used. Let the cookie dough cool. The "sauce" is cream cheese, sugar and a little lemon juice. After spreading it over the cookies, add your choice of at least three kinds of cut fruit. I like kiwi, grapes, strawberries, and bananas. A sugar glaze is made from powdered sugar, (a touch) corn starch, lemon juice and water. The glaze is lightly poured over the fruit. The lemon juice may also slow down the browning of the bananas. The desert is best served cold.

Reaction score
I have had it. It was actually a bad experience because the cream cheese had gotten too warm in the car and I ended up with a very upset stomach. It tasted good though. I would definitely try it again as long as I knew things were properly refrigerated until right before serving.

Personally, I would skip the glaze entirely, too much unnecessary sugar. Fruit is sweet as it is and doesn't need the help. I have heard of using orange marmalade for the glaze too, that would be pretty tasty.

Reaction score
I have never had it before, but it does sound like it would be great. My kids would love to make and eat it. I would probably go for sliced apples, strawberries, and pear. I am not much into tropical fruits, especially during the winter months.

Reaction score
Although you can make it any way you want, the harder fruits might make it more difficult to eat. The citrus fruits are not so much about the taste (although I do enjoy them), but because the rest of the desert is soft. If you do make this sometime, with the fruit you chose, let me know how it went! I am always up for new recipe ideas.

Reaction score
I have not made it nor have I even seen it. It doesn't sound like something I would be in a hurry to try. I sounds like it has too many flavors going on for me and many of those flavours seem like they would be too sweet for me. What I will say is that it sounds like something I would consider for kids for a party. I think it would be a big hit.

Reaction score
I make mine the same way and love it! My friends request it whenever we have a get together. It is a quick and easy snack to throw together when we have impromtu company.

Reaction score
I am not sure it is quick and easy, at least in terms of making a cake. There is substantial work involved into making a fruit pizza the way I do. Then it needs to cool in the fridge about three hours, so there is also the time factor involved. It is a unique treat to serve to people, and surprisingly a lot of people have never heard of it, or tried it. It is not something I would want to eat every week, but it is nice to have a few times a year. If you use premade cookie dough, it is enough for a full-sized cookie sheet, which means it will make a lot. It usually takes my family 3-4 days to eat it all.

Ask a Question