I Have 3 Golden Delicious Apples And Brown Sugar...

Reaction score
I'm debating what to make with them. I have no white sugar. I have flour and eggs, oil and molasses, and a small amount of raisins. What would you make? I'm not leaving the house for a few days, so I have to use what I have on hand.

Reaction score
Make apple fritters with them. It is not baking, but apple fritters are my favorite thing to make when I have a couple apples laying around. Peel and slice them and coat with cinnamon and sugar. You can use anything for the dipping batter, but I normally dip them in thick pancake mix. Fry up the yummy goodness!

Reaction score
Ooooh...apple fritters. I also have a couple apples on hand that I know will go to waste if I dont use them soon because I only have a bit of flour on hand. Going to have to try some fritters. @Diane Lane how about some mini apple pies? I've seen some apple pie on a stick which I thought were cute. I'venever made apple pie in any form but maybe you can?

Reaction score
Why not make apple empanadas? I love those, I think brown sugar goes perfect with them! But of course apple fritters sound pretty good, but aren't they ideal with icing sugar? At least that is how we made them back home, we had to serve them with icing sugar.

Reaction score
Why not make apple empanadas? I love those, I think brown sugar goes perfect with them! But of course apple fritters sound pretty good, but aren't they ideal with icing sugar? At least that is how we made them back home, we had to serve them with icing sugar.
Apple empanadas also sound fantastic. I personally like the Carmel apple kind because they just fit in to the fall season so nicely. Speaking of fall, it is almost here! Empanadas are also super easy to make.

Reaction score
Apple empanadas also sound fantastic. I personally like the Carmel apple kind because they just fit in to the fall season so nicely. Speaking of fall, it is almost here! Empanadas are also super easy to make.

The only hard thing about empanadas for me has been finding the right dough recipe :( Specially for the savory ones, the sweet ones are easier to get right, but the savory ones = fail D:

Reaction score
Thanks, y'all, I got sick and didn't end up baking anything, but these are all great suggestions. I love apple fritters @Tina Nord , but have never made them, so I'm definitely going to try those in the future. I'll have to look around at recipes. I do have a deep fryer, but it's a small one. I guess I could use a pot, but will have to investigate what type of oil would be best.

@Trellum I agree about the empanada dough, so that might go on the back burner, but now I'm craving pumpkin empanadas!

Mini apple pies sound delicious, as well. I've never made mini pies, although my crostata isn't too far off, but with less crust. I am a fan of crust though, so maybe I'll make some mini apple pies this Fall! @ThatNewMommy

Reaction score
Yummm!! I love pumpkin empanadas as well :D They are the best! My grandmother used to make cajeta, apple and pumpkin ones. Sadly I wasn't old enough to care about the dough recipe she used for those empanadas :( I wish I had asked her, I'm having the hardest time trying to find a recipe that matches hers.

Reaction score
Yummm!! I love pumpkin empanadas as well :D They are the best! My grandmother used to make cajeta, apple and pumpkin ones. Sadly I wasn't old enough to care about the dough recipe she used for those empanadas :( I wish I had asked her, I'm having the hardest time trying to find a recipe that matches hers.

I don't know anyone who makes them from scratch, so don't have anyone to ask, but you might try looking around for copycat recipes if you find a restaurant with rave reviews. I do that sometimes, and Taste of Home has a lot of homemade recipes that readers share. If I come across one, I'll post it for you.

Reaction score

Oh gosh these sound amazing - I'm going to try and find a recipe online! It sounds like something a little different than the usual Apple recipes out there!

Reaction score
Oh gosh these sound amazing - I'm going to try and find a recipe online! It sounds like something a little different than the usual Apple recipes out there!

Yes, try it. I love empanadas! They are the best invention ever, the trick is using the right type of empanada dough ;) Sometimes you need to run several tests until you find the right one. My grandma had it, sadly I never asked.

Reaction score
I don't know anyone who makes them from scratch, so don't have anyone to ask, but you might try looking around for copycat recipes if you find a restaurant with rave reviews. I do that sometimes, and Taste of Home has a lot of homemade recipes that readers share. If I come across one, I'll post it for you.

Wow, thanks a lot for the tip, Diane!!! I'm always looking for easy, healthy and tasty recipes. I had never heard about that site before, thanks a lot, I will make sure to bookmark it :) Also thanks for the suggestion. I once met a lady who make some of the best savory empanadas (she fries them, doesn't bake them), but sadly she wasn't very open about her recipe :(

Ask a Question