Halloween Fun?

Reaction score
Well, Halloween isn't all that far off. One of our little ones is finally big enough to participate, to some extent, in baking so I thought out I'd throw this topic out there for discussion: are there any baking projects in the Halloween vein you've enjoyed with the kiddos? Any recipes you'd care to share? Any you'd avoid? Thanks much!

Reaction score
Last year we had plans of making pumpkin pie. Take note that pumpkin is alien here because we don't have pumpkins. But during the Halloween season, pumpkin is sold in supermarkets so it's not a problem. The kids were expectant of the pumpkin pie and what they wanted were small pies like tarts that would be fitting for individual size. You know kids, they love to have their own. But that plan of baking pumpkin pie did not materialize because of some personal reasons.

This year, I am hoping that we can finally bake pumpkin pie and also cook pumpkin soup.

Reaction score
HA....I dont worry about kids........I LOOOOVE Halloween, and I do it for me!!!!
:D

For the past two years, for work I made Halloween cakes....

This was last years.... a Grave Cake (choco cake with marshmallow frosting and cookie crumb 'dirt')
(sorry for the bad photo)
Grave Cake a.jpg

This was the year before....Pumpkin Cake (spice cake with pumpkin frosting)
Pumpkin Cake 2.jpg

Reaction score
Well I love it, and it makes me excited for the upcoming season. First off, I need the change in weather because if this heat continues I might just lose it. But, aside from that, I really do like Halloween and everything that comes with it, and I have to say that these sound like good snacks to have as well. Thanks for sharing.

Ask a Question