Halloween Inspiration!

Reaction score
I know some don't like it, but I LOVE Halloween! With it comes ideas for cupcakes! I tried the mummy ones once because they looked so simple, but my bandages just came out awful. LOLOL It was a horrible mess. :D:D:D

I don't know what we'll try this year but looking around I came across these. Warning, some may be gory...but that's why I like 'em! :D

th
edible-decorations-halloween-party-table-1.jpg

THESE monsters are cute!
COOL-HALLOWEEN-CUPCAKE-IDEAS_06.jpg
halloween_cupcakes_beautifullife_11.jpg

These witches are funny! But I wouldn't use a doily to put them on.o_O
28704-e833b.jpg

And also not a cupcake, but very simple looking and cute design that can be customized to the event:
3c3bc47ec893d87e7d85de3522a60239.jpg

Reaction score
Whoa, the severed finger one looks rather lifelike, hey?! I know that the kids in my neighborhood would be super creeped out by those!

I think I would have to say my favorite of the ones you posted were the cute monster ones with what looks like a sour candy tongue poking out. Halloween is such a fun time for baking creative cupcakes!

Reaction score
I love Halloween as well, I actually love this time of the year. My only complaint about Halloween is the fact it doesn't seem to last as much as Christmas does! It's like... the days before Halloween you never hear a lot people say: ''Oh yay, in a few days it's Halloween!''. Then Halloween comes, next day all the Halloween decorations have to go, but with Christmas is different, those decorations often stay for a whole week or more... :p

Anyways, cool thread ;) I might come up with something like this next year ;) Might actually go for it and bake some cupcakes.

Reaction score
I love Halloween as well, I actually love this time of the year. My only complaint about Halloween is the fact it doesn't seem to last as much as Christmas does! It's like... the days before Halloween you never hear a lot people say: ''Oh yay, in a few days it's Halloween!''. Then Halloween comes, next day all the Halloween decorations have to go, but with Christmas is different, those decorations often stay for a whole week or more... :p

Anyways, cool thread ;) I might come up with something like this next year ;) Might actually go for it and bake some cupcakes.

You're so right about Halloween seeming to disappear super fast. I guess for those of us Americans, we celebrate Thanksgiving in late November, so we start preparing for that. Thankfully a lot of my Halloween decorations can still substitute for fall decorations, so I leave those ones up ;)

Reaction score
@cupcakechef Thank you ;) In the Netherlands they have something similar to Halloween + Thanksgiving all mixed in one, it's known as ''Saint Martin''. Children go from door to door to ask for candy, so... I honestly like to leave the decorations out til the middle of November ;)

Reaction score
@cupcakechef Thank you ;) In the Netherlands they have something similar to Halloween + Thanksgiving all mixed in one, it's known as ''Saint Martin''. Children go from door to door to ask for candy, so... I honestly like to leave the decorations out til the middle of November ;)

That sounds like fun! I think any sort of holiday that involves candy is always popular with kids...and adults too because let's face it, I'm not too old for candy!

Reaction score
@cupcakechef I actualy read this celebration is celebrated all over Europe, but in a very different way! I think it's just like the ''Sinterklaas'' thing all over :) But that one is celebrated almost the same way everywhere in Europe. A lot candy! December is like the chocolate month ;) I make chocolate letters to gift to friends and relatives around that time of the year, well, I did last year ;)

Reaction score
yay I love Halloween as well! i was looking for some halloween inspiration for my videos, i like the cupcake with the knife stick in it. I wonder if that is fondant?

Reaction score
Whoa, the severed finger one looks rather lifelike, hey?! I know that the kids in my neighborhood would be super creeped out by those!

I think I would have to say my favorite of the ones you posted were the cute monster ones with what looks like a sour candy tongue poking out. Halloween is such a fun time for baking creative cupcakes!
To be honest, that monster is the one that I'd probably choose to make. It's the one I know I couldn't screw up too much. LOLOL

The knives don't look smooth enough to be fondant. They look like if they were poured melted candy wafers.

Ask a Question