Hello from Michigan

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm new to this forum. I'm a home cook and have been baking on and off for the past few years. I've had jobs in the restaurant industry and attended a culinary arts course a few years ago. At one point I considered becoming a chef, but when I realized how demanding it was, I did decide to go in a different direction, so now I enjoy being a home chef and hosting dinner parties for family and friends. I came across an old recipe for a basic cake and now I'm trying to perfect the recipe. I enjoy baking and I know that this forum will be a lot of fun to read.

Reaction score
Welcome, Michigan. My stepmom is from there and so I would like to know what part of which mitten are you from? Haha!

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I'm a home cook and have been baking on and off for the past few years. I've had jobs in the restaurant industry and attended a culinary arts course a few years ago. At one point I considered becoming a chef, but when I realized how demanding it was, I did decide to go in a different direction, so now I enjoy being a home chef and hosting dinner parties for family and friends. I came across an old recipe for a basic cake and now I'm trying to perfect the recipe. I enjoy baking and I know that this forum will be a lot of fun to read.
Welcome to the Baking Forum Kimspot. I'm looking forward in you to share your thoughts and creative ideas you bring to this forum. :D

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm in Illinois, so I guess we are not too far from each other. This is a really great site to talk about some fun things, mainly baking! I hope you have fun, and I hope to talk to you soon!

Reaction score
Welcome! Looking forward to hearing about some of your specialties!

Although I've never considered becoming a chef I understand what you mean about the demands of a job like that. I have often thought of ways to turn my hobbies into a paying job....but I'm always afraid I'll end up NOT liking to do something I currently love. I don't often host at home but I love making special dishes to share with other people. Since food is such a big part of our socializing it's a real pleasure for me to add to any event in this way!

Ask a Question