Hello - Loving the Sourdough Baking

Reaction score
Hello - I started my 108 bread project knowing pretty much nothing about dough or bread making and now I am knee deep, metaphorically speaking, of course, in sourdough starter, autolyse, preferments, and lovely oven springs, most of the time.
IMG_0900.jpg

Reaction score
Amazing, interesting blog :) Thanks for sharing, I think your project sounds like a really interesting one, best of look with the other 108 breads :) I wish I could do something similar, but with pies and cakes, lol.

Reaction score
I used to make a lot of sourdough bread when I was still eating gluten. I think it's my favorite type of bread. I loved how the sour got better with time. Amazing stuff.

Reaction score
I love sour dough breads. They are so tasty. At the moment I am only buying them, but I have plans to start making my own sourdough bread but I understand that I should not use tap water? Is that correct?

Reaction score
I have a daughter who has become one fantastic baker. She never did much baking until about 5 years ago. She started with simple yeast doughs, but now uses a lot of sourdough starter. Her beginning starter came from her grandmother and is well over 50 yrs old. She makes everything from sourdough cornbread and biscuits to rolls and bread. Last week she make sourdough garlic rolls. She used to live right around the corner from me so I got goodies every few weeks, but she recently moved a good distance from me so I no longer get anything. She also makes wonderful sweet quick breads. I keep telling her she needs to mail/UPS me some!

Ask a Question