Hello!

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Eri. I think the most important thing to know about me is that I am terrible at introductions. Anyway, it's a pleasure to be here! These forums seem really friendly.

Reaction score
Hello Eri,

I’m new here too. I’m looking forward to sharing tips, information and ideas on cooking. I like to cook. However, I like simple and quick recipes that don’t require a lot of time in the kitchen.

Welcome to the Baking Forums. I’ll see you around.

Reaction score
Welcome to both of you! Eri, you did fine by me! simplec, I am a "no frills" cook most of the time as well. Give me a recipe with too many ingredients (or too many fancy things) in it and I'll pass it by.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Yup, we're a nice friendly bunch :) however be warned - this forum can be bad for your health!! ;)

Reaction score
Ah, c'mon, nothing about cooking or baking can be bad for your health, haha.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! simplec, it seems we'll be forging our way through here together. I also like quick, simple recipes. I'm way too easily distracted to keep up with anything too complex. One day I'll be able to multitask in the kitchen ...

Reaction score
Ah, c'mon, nothing about cooking or baking can be bad for your health, haha.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! simplec, it seems we'll be forging our way through here together. I also like quick, simple recipes. I'm way too easily distracted to keep up with anything too complex. One day I'll be able to multitask in the kitchen ...

I used to get upset with myself for needing quiet to concentrate on my baking. Then a friend who is a wonderfully accomplished cook and baker told me when SHE bakes she kicks everyone out of the kitchen. I figured...if SHE can, so can I! Now I just do it my way. It sures for fewer mistakes!

Reaction score
Oh man, one of my pet peeves is people bothering me while I'm cooking! It requires so much attention that I don't have any to spare on anything else. No one pays attention when I tell them I need to be left alone, though! Even if I kick them out, it's a futile effort. I end up just wearing noise-cancelling headphones while I'm cooking to block everything out.

Ask a Question