Homemade Ice Cream Cake

Reaction score
My mother makes these for our birthdays. Kinda of stopped going to Coldstone for these since we found out how to make them, and they are quite good. The best thing is the possibilities are endless on what cake, fillings, and toppings are. Have any of you tried making these for someone? Or even yourself?

Reaction score
There's a recipe out there that I have been wanting to try, it uses ice cream sandwiches. It looks very good.

Reaction score
HaHa, my friend just made an icecream cake with icecream sandwiches and it was absolutely the best ice cream cake I have ever tasted. She used the Neopolitan kind so it was like a pleasant surprise with every bite...you have to try it!

Reaction score
My mom makes the ice cream sandwich cake and its absolutely yummy. She got her recipe from a lady that she works with. It's been a hit at alot of birthday parties.

Reaction score
Now do you mean real ice cream cake with layers of cake and ice cream or do you mean ice cream cake with the fudge and cruchy bits? Both are great but i thin the one with teh real cake is the best.

Reaction score
I made ice cream sandwich cookies for dessert a few weeks ago and they were a big hit. You can use any kind of cookies and just add a scoop of you're favorite ice cream. Then wrap them in saran wrap and freeze for 2 hours. Then you will have an amazing dessert.

Reaction score
My Sister makes ice cream cakes and its absolutely tasty.she got her recipe for lady and try with home.

Reaction score
I've tried making them but usually end up eating so much ice cream during the process that it turns into a ice cream cupcake :) On a serious note I love making ice cream cake. Cake and ice cream complement each other so nicely that combining them in a cake is just pure joy. One of my favorite types of cake.

Reaction score
You know, I have never had ice cream cake? It's a travesty. I keep asking for it on my birthday but I never get it. The idea that I could make one for myself... Why has that never crossed my mind? Imagine the possibilities!

Hmm, I wonder what the best type of cake would go best with ice cream? I'm leaning towards a denser, almost brownie-like cake, with something nice and crumbly as a topping.

Reaction score
I love making ice cream cakes, especially with the strawberries from my garden. It tastes awesome and I eat the whole bowl at the same second.

Reaction score
I love ice cream cake! I have ice cream cake every year for my birthday, but I have never made a homemade ice cream cake. I would love to give this a go!

Reaction score
Yes. I prepare Ice Cream Cake quite often especially with strawberries and cherries. They are lovely and my kids love them.

Reaction score
Sounds Yummy! I've never had an ice cream cake. Only a slice of cake and a scoop of ice cream on the same plate lol! I 'm going to go look up a recipe and try it. I know my boyfriend will enjoy it!

hhh

Reaction score
I have tried to make it many times before, as it's my favorite cake ever, but I have so much trouble with it! For some strange reason every time I try to make it ends up as a complete disaster. One time it just wouldn't set, the cake just ended up being weird sort of mush, tasted great though.

I really need some tips, to perfect this cake, help!

Reaction score
I love ice cream cake, way more than regular cake actually! I've never had a neapolitan ice cream cake, and that sounds really good. Cold Stone has a lot of really amazing flavors, as does DQ, and I sometimes try to copy their flavors. I made a pumpkin one last year, with pumpkin pie,pieces/filling, whipped cream, and vanilla ice cream. Turned out pretty yummy!

Ask a Question