Homemade pudding?

Reaction score
Has anyone ventured to make their own puddings instead of buying the boxes at the store? Any tips on what to do or what not to do? How about some simple recipes to share?

Reaction score
I haven't tried, but I'll look up some recipes and give it a shot soon...I'll follow this as well in case anyone has some tips to share with us ;).

Reaction score
Yeah, I make most of the things we eat at home, I don't always make my own cake tho, because I just don't feel like making the effort, but pudding is very easy to make, just like it is to make your own custard. I know a recipe for a no bake cake... one of the main ingredients is gelatin, but it's delicious! I'm not sure if I should post it here tho, since it's a no bake cake. I wish this forum had a desserts section!

Reaction score
My mom used to make homemade pudding when we were kids, but I have never done it on my own. I like to use the cooking boxed pudding because the instant stuff tastes too fake to me.

Reaction score
Rice pudding is super easy, since we'd be starting with agglutinous rice (contrary to its name, it contains no gluten!) In contrast to regular rice, which is usually a little translucent and grayish, agglutinous rice grains are opaque white.

I usually just boil them with 1 cup rice to 4 cups of water (maybe a cup less water if I'm adding milk to flavor later) until cooked, then add either chocolate and evaporated milk... or: brown sugar, grated ginger, a bit of salt and lime, and coconut milk.

It can be eaten as a porridge when hot, but after a while in the fridge it turns into a pudding.

Reaction score
I have being watching my mom make puddings from a tender age and i have fell in love deeply with puddings...my favorites of all times is potato pudding and cornmeal pudding, they are just so tasty...i am going to search for these recipes and post them so you can see if they are to your liking.

Ask a Question