How do you save money on baking goods?

Reaction score
In order to save money on baking goods, I shop at the Dollar Tree. They sell oil, flour and flavorings (vanilla) on the cheap. Buyers can even get pans and other tools their for only $1.

Reaction score
I usually will purchase baking items when I see a sale, pre planning for upcoming events, etc.. A friend turned me on to Watkins pure vanilla and although pricey, I will not sub that baby out. It is so good!

Reaction score
The only thing I buy for baking on the cheap are the pans. I like to use certain types of flour and oil that the dollar store doesn't carry. The quality of the ingredients can greatly make a difference in the outcome.

Reaction score
I buy pans from thrift shops, I have gotten really cute cake pans that way and for cheap. I always go to grocery stores and use coupons for any baking product such as flour or seasonings though.

Reaction score
I buy pans from thrift shops, I have gotten really cute cake pans that way and for cheap. I always go to grocery stores and use coupons for any baking product such as flour or seasonings though.

Agreed. I just got a fancy Nordicware bundt pan with an elaborate design for $3 at Goodwill. Those pans are expensive if you buy them new.
I also save money on the pans by buying them on clearance after holidays. I've bought some really cute Wilton Halloween pans on clearance for $2.50 because it was after Halloween. Cake mixes and frosting that come in pumpkin or holiday flavors go on clearance too for ,like, 50 cents.

Ask a Question