What do you do to make money online?

Reaction score
For those of you who make money working online, what do you do, and how much do you make? I just started doing some freelance writing about 3 months ago and I average about $100 per month right now doing it part time. It is not nearly enough to make a living, but the extra income does help out, and I eventually would like to work online full time.

Reaction score
I do a lot of virtual assistant/research-type positions on oDesk in my spare time, but I also have a job in hospitality & tourism-amusement parks more specifically. I think I would go crazy working at home full time, but it is good money!

Reaction score
I recently started using a site called InstaGC which gives out Amazon gift cards when you get to a certain amount of points. It's not too hard to get to the first amount of money either. It's a good extra small income and have managed to make a small amount over a few days!

If anyone's interested, you can sign up here: http://www.instagc.com/334752

(if i'm not allowed to link, i'll remove it asap, just let me know :) )

Reaction score
I sell on eBay, mostly items that I find at thrift stores that are worth more on eBay. I sometimes list my art on eBay too. I've also sold on Craigslist and Bonanza.
Selling is a faster way to make money than doing small tasks online.

Reaction score
I am trying very hard to make a little more money online so I can stay home with my baby. I've become quite fond of mystery shopping and virtual assisting. I think I will also try to sign up for some focus groups. My favorite little "side thing" to do right now is this app called "shopkick" (even though its not really online). All you do is download it and it will give you points every time you walk into a store (Walmart is 100 right now). You can earn points for scanning barcodes at the store too, no purchase necessary. I have made 700 points in 2 days and haven't gone anywhere I wouldn't have gone anyway. Every 500 points equals about $2 that you can get in the form of a giftcard or you can save the points and purchase items from shop kick. Sorry that got long, its just too cool not to share!

Reaction score
I have heard about Sidekick and wondered if there was any merit to it. I go to stores quite frequently so I think I could make a few dollars on there as well. I will give it a try.

Reaction score
I work at oDesk. I also freelance outside of oDesk. I mostly do writing jobs. It's a lot of hard work, but it's worth it. I'm mainly doing this as a hobby.

Reaction score
I am a stay at home mom and I have been trying to do online work for the past few weeks and it seems to be going well. I'm not making millions that's for sure but I am making a little bit of spending money. I am blessed to be able to stay home but want to feel like I'm contributing even in a small way.
I use Postloop, Mysoapbox and Pinecone Research daily. I know there are a lot out there but just do some research and check out the companies and their feedback. That will help you to make an informed decision on whatever you decide!

Hope this helps,
Danyel :)

Reaction score
I use swagbucks a lot. You do little "tasks" to earn points such as taking surveys, watching videos, visiting certain websites... but you can also earn points quicker by buying certain products or trying out new services and things like that. You can then use your points to buy gift certificates to places like Amazon, Starbucks, Paypal, etc. Here's a link:
www.swagbucks.com/refer/dandeliion

Reaction score
I have a few online survey sites that I use but apart from that I mainly try and sell stuff I don't need anymore on ebay. I've sold a range of stuff - clothes, kids toys, electronics, the list goes on.

I'm a firm believer that there's a buyer for anything if the price is right!

Reaction score
I would really like to sell products online for a living, but I am not that good at it and I would have to live very cheaply. There are some who make like 50K per year just buying things online and selling them on Ebay. It is amazing. I mostly write and have stopped doing a lot of the PTC work that I used to do.

Reaction score
I do writing articles online at Odesk and also I used Postloop on a part time basis only. The extra income is not that big but in some ways it can help to pay some bills in the house.

Reaction score
I had an actual job online until I was fired :( The guy who had hired me was upset because I didn't want to get in bed with him, so ever since he made things harder for me. I had no choice but to quit that job without ay kind of explanation. I'm still looking for a similar job, because I can't have a physical job right now.

Reaction score
I had an actual job online until I was fired :( The guy who had hired me was upset because I didn't want to get in bed with him, so ever since he made things harder for me. I had no choice but to quit that job without ay kind of explanation. I'm still looking for a similar job, because I can't have a physical job right now.

Oh wow, that is so wrong and you were smart to quit that job. People can be creeps and it can be worse when you are conversing through cyberspace. I hope you find something else soon. Can I ask what kind of a job you were doing?

Reaction score
Oh wow, that is so wrong and you were smart to quit that job. People can be creeps and it can be worse when you are conversing through cyberspace. I hope you find something else soon. Can I ask what kind of a job you were doing?

I was writing reviews of softwares and video games. It was awful, he owed me $300, never paid me, but in the end I didn't care, I just wanted to quit. I always say I was fired, because it's easier and less awkward to explain it. I found that job locally, I had to go to an interview face to face to sign the contract, since the first instant I felt odd around him. He gave me the creeps... I never knew his actual age, but I guessed he wasn't much older than me. I started to notice he wanted to create excuses for us to meet ace to face, lol, but he saw I was only interested to work... he had a girlfriend already and I just didn't feel interested in him.

Reaction score
I do a lot of writing, Swagbucks, PerkTV, mPoints. Pretty much anything I know about that I have time to do that I have the skills to do. Unfortunately I really don't have any good skills for online work that are really desirable in the market. What I do, I do as I have time, and it makes very, very little. I'm just hard up enough to make it worth it to me to do the things I do. Without it, I would have to give up going to coffee and some other things, which I don't want to do, because those activities are about the people I meet there, and people don't seem to want to get together in free places for some reason.

Reaction score
Hey guys can anyone explain to me what a virtual assistant is? and how you make money? I could google it but I'd rather get an honest opinion! I have signed up to so many survey sites but I never seem to qualify for some reason :( I would love to make some money online but everyone goes on about how easy it is and I am still trying to figure it out. I know I won't ever be able to make a huge amount online but for all the time I spend on the internet I might as well try and make something. Are at least that is my mindset at the moment ! I'm from Ireland so I think that makes a huge difference with regards to what sites I can sign up for as the majority are for just US citizens :(

Reaction score
I would really like to sell products online for a living, but I am not that good at it and I would have to live very cheaply. There are some who make like 50K per year just buying things online and selling them on Ebay. It is amazing. I mostly write and have stopped doing a lot of the PTC work that I used to do.

Where do you write? I want to write some more. I landed an editing gig on www.writelearnearn and intend to start writing at PenStars and Writelearnearn. Would share my link if it's allowed but I won't as I am not sure it is. Postloop was my first introduction to online work. I make pennies but I like the knowledge it provides. I would just like to hit the jackpot with online work and say goodbye to some of my daytime jobs which I am not enjoying much these days. An entire month will go by and I not make 50 bucks on all the sites combined. In June I made $15 on Postloop and the rest on Humantic and Writelearnearn. I am happy to share my links if it's allowed. It would be neat to have at least one referral:).

At present I am exploring online sales for my business but have to get shipping and freight cost in my favour if I am going to ship from where I live. Online work is a whole new world to me and I am trying to learn as much as possible without making too many mistakes.

Reaction score

50k a year from selling is amazing! I am nowhere near that sort of level - my eBay selling just generates a bit of extra pocket money!! It would be incredible to bring in that kind of money just from online work!

Reaction score
Where do you write? I want to write some more. I landed an editing gig on www.writelearnearn and intend to start writing at PenStars and Writelearnearn. Would share my link if it's allowed but I won't as I am not sure it is. Postloop was my first introduction to online work. I make pennies but I like the knowledge it provides. I would just like to hit the jackpot with online work and say goodbye to some of my daytime jobs which I am not enjoying much these days. An entire month will go by and I not make 50 bucks on all the sites combined. In June I made $15 on Postloop and the rest on Humantic and Writelearnearn. I am happy to share my links if it's allowed. It would be neat to have at least one referral:).

At present I am exploring online sales for my business but have to get shipping and freight cost in my favour if I am going to ship from where I live. Online work is a whole new world to me and I am trying to learn as much as possible without making too many mistakes.

I write for Constant-Contant mostly. You have to pass some writing tests to get on with them as a writer. I used to work on iWriter as well, but the clients do not pay very well for the work you put into writing the articles.

Ask a Question