How long do baked goods last in your home?

Reaction score
Since I am surrounded by males, I noticed that certain baked goods don't last in my home. They tend to be cup cakes, cookies and danishes. For some reason, other types - pound cake or muffins - aren't such a draw.

Reaction score
If it is baked bread, about five seconds! Most things only last a day or two. It seems like my friends always know when I am baking and show up, too. I do not mind, I always put back my own personal stash. ;) Otherwise, I might never get to eat what I bake.

Reaction score
Baked goods don't last long in my home at all, maybe a day or two. My daughter and I both have a sweet tooth, so I have to bake in small quantities so that we're not tempted to keep going back and grazing while watching TV.

Reaction score
Baked goods don't last very long in my house. It seems that once they are out of the oven and cool enough to eat they are gone. I take this as a great compliment, I wouldn't ever want to throw any out.

Reaction score
A baked good do not last long in my home. A baked good last for one day. My family loves all kinds of sweets. Brownies and cookies are eaten the fastest. We baked some chocolate chip cookies yesterday and they were eaten within four hours. They were homemade and taste so good.

Reaction score
Baked goods don't stand a chance in my home. The timer goes off and its a feeding frenzy! I do like to keep baked goods around for as long as I can so I can enjoy them as well. However, they do not last as long as I would like. The healthier the baked good, the longer it stays in the house. For example, last week I made bran muffins. They lasted about five days. This week, my brownies survived two whole days.

Reaction score
Since I am surrounded by males, I noticed that certain baked goods don't last in my home. They tend to be cup cakes, cookies and danishes. For some reason, other types - pound cake or muffins - aren't such a draw.

The short answer is: not very long. I'm lucky if cake, cookies or fudge lasts a weekend in my house. Sometimes, all the goodies are gone in a day. I take that as a compliment. If my baked goods weren't good, they would last a lot longer than they do. So I must be doing something right.

Reaction score
My baked goods barely have time to cool before they're gone! First batch is gone before the second is done, the second will only last if I put a lock on it. Which I don't.. I shove them in my face before anyone even sees them haha.. ok it's not that bad, but we're pack animals here lol.

Reaction score
Baked goods don't last long in my house because I'm a sugar junkie. I try to have self control and willpower but sometimes it's so hard when it comes cookies, cakes, cupcakes, and pies.

Reaction score
If we don't eat them all up within a day or two we usually toss them because they are all stale and picked over by then. But in most cases they're all gone by the end of the day. Funny thing is I don't really get into sweets much at all. Most of the time I just enjoy the process of cooking, or I might have a slight sweet tooth for just a bite or two of something - but I have to make a full recipe.

Reaction score
Baked goods last about two hours at the most in my house. I don't eat sugar myself but the rest of the family comes running and gobbles the goodies down in record time. I'm glad because I love to bake and nothing makes me feel better than having people appreciate my hard work!

Reaction score
Here in our house we only bake when everyone's craving for something sweet. My cupcakes, brownies or cookies would only last less than an hour because I have two nieces and five nephews. Yes, my nephews loves to eat sweets too! My hard work pays off whenever I see them happy with my baking. :)

Reaction score
Baked goods don't seem to last long in our household as well! Once the baked goods such as brownies or a cake has cooled down, everyone in my family rushed to grab a bite! The longest baked goods has lasted in my house is probably two days! Otherwise, in just a few hours, it's disappeared, which means it was a hit!

Reaction score
Baked goods don't last long in my home.It seem like some sort of alarm sound when the goodies comes out of the oven and everyone comes swaming. Baked goods last no long than a week in my house.

Reaction score
Baked goods that I make tend to last--at max--3 days. Cookies go the fastest, followed by brownies, cupcakes and cakes (they stick around the longest). If they're baked goods from a bakery they tend to stick around a bit longer, not sure why this is.

Reaction score
Given that there's a lot of people in my house, baked goods last about...a day or so. If even that! Someone is cooking something usually every day to be honest in one our kitchens. Some things last longer than others however, and sometimes we'll go all out and cook huge batches at once.

Reaction score
Baked goods do not stand a chance lasting in my home. It doesn't matter what it is either. I once made zucchini bread, thinking no one would eat it because we all hate zucchini. Boy was I so wrong! That bread was delicious and maybe lasted a total of 15 minutes!

Reaction score
Baked goods do not stand a chance lasting in my home. It doesn't matter what it is either. I once made zucchini bread, thinking no one would eat it because we all hate zucchini. Boy was I so wrong! That bread was delicious and maybe lasted a total of 15 minutes!
Yikes, sounds like you have a pack of wolves living in your house :p

Reaction score
I have only recently gotten into baking and so far everything I have baked has Ben a hit and polished off no waste! I wouldn't want to go to the trouble and then have to throw it away. It's a good sign I suppose if there is non left over.

Reaction score
Usually not very long. My boyfriend has a sweet tooth, and he will eat a whole cake by himself in a day! Oh yeah, and he's really skinny too. It's not fair. I get fat just from looking at some of the things that he eats.

Ask a Question