How long do baked goods last in your home?

Reaction score
A week, if that, but it also depends on what has been made. If its cookies, 1-3 days max. Everything else 3-5 days. I love making cookies, but my older sister has this nasty habit popping into the kitchen and eating the cookie dough, especially when I'm not around. When my mom makes cakes, we always ask her to eat out the bowl when she's done mixing. So yes, we eat during and after the baking process haha.

Reaction score
Food of any kind doesn't last long in my house. If I were a regular baker, we would undoubtedly be diabetics within a month. The few times I ever do make anything, it barely makes it into the oven, what with all the hands reaching for a taste of the batter. As for cooling, if you leave a baked good unattended even for a quick glance at your shows, the family starts gathering like piranhas. Not like I'm complaining, it's a huge compliment and it's why I got into cooking in the first place.

Reaction score
Since I am surrounded by males, I noticed that certain baked goods don't last in my home. They tend to be cup cakes, cookies and danishes. For some reason, other types - pound cake or muffins - aren't such a draw.

About 2 days, at best. I have an insatiable sweet tooth. Guess that's why I can't control my weight. I really try to abstain, but it's to no avail. And I'm constantly baking. Now that my daughter is on a carbohydrate and sweets restrictive diet I'll get a little reprieve, but then she'll be leaving for college in August and I'll be right back at it.

Reaction score
In our house, not very long! My boyfriend actually makes really really good cookies and brownies, and they're basically gone between the two of us after a few days or so!

Reaction score
I mostly make cakes and pies. I'd say it depends on the type of pie/cake, but they last a few days, up to 3 or 4. Last cake I made lasted about 2 days.:p

Reaction score
Baked goods do not last in my house at all. It is amazing if it lasts until the next day. We all loves sweets in my house so I have to be conscientious about how much I make. A cake may last 2-3 days but that's only if it's a big cake.

Reaction score
Baked goods usually don't last for more than one day in my home. It's because we all like to eat and enjoy food, especially my brother who is in the kitchen all the time and literally eats more than all of us together.

Reaction score
Baked goods do not last very long in my home, especially since my mother is not pregnant with my soon to be baby sister. We are both addicted to chocolate, so if the baked goods have a chocolatey consistency- they will be gone within 24 hours. I live in a house full of people with a huge sweet tooth.

Reaction score
Bake products doesn't stand a chance in my home, my kids and hubby go wild for baked goodies; if it does last for two days that's when my kids are sick and that's not often.

Reaction score
Things tend to be eaten up straight away! Their always yummiest when freshly baked! Though if I make too much, I may end up storing some in tupperware and possibly taking them to work or eating the rest the next day.

Reaction score
They last forever. I live alone and my boyfriend isn't a huuuuge sweets person so I usually end up having to take stuff I make into my work where it's gone in seconds!

Reaction score
I bought some baked goods yesterday at Tesco-I'm lazy-and it's only five minutes walk from the Tesco to my flat.

I'd eaten an entire bag by the time I got back ._.

Reaction score
Not very long over here either, just like everyone else. My family member and I all have major sweet teeth (notice I used the plural form) so nothing ever lasts more than a few days. Also like everyone else, I take it as a compliment. If a baked good sticks around for more than a week, it probably wasn't very good!

Reaction score
I used to bake all the time when my children were small. And the goodies did not last long at all. Now I have a grown daughter and grandson living with me and it is just the same. My baking now consists of Pillsbury sugar free brownie mix and sugar free cake mix with sugar free Pillsbury iceing because I am diabetic. I also make a sugar free chocolate pie and sugar free strawberry pie,, at least almost sugar free because of the store bought graham cracker crust. And the chocolate pie is made with cooked chocolate pudding and the strawberry one is made with sugar free strawberry jello and fresh berries. They usually last one day,, and I only get one piece of whatever I have made!

Reaction score
About a day or so because because my wife can't help herself to not eat some sweets or something. Kind of shocked that Muffins are not a draw as those are my favorite pastry, well they are more like a small cake or something. Not really sure what category they would fit in. Nothing sweet lasts for more than two to three days in this household.

Reaction score
Baked goods usually last MAYBE 24 hours... that is if I am lucky!!! I try to make a double batch and share with friends, neighbors or family or I am afraid my family would all be obese!

Reaction score
Baked goods usually last MAYBE 24 hours... that is if I am lucky!!! I try to make a double batch and share with friends, neighbors or family or I am afraid my family would all be obese!
Nothing wrong in my eyes with eating all of it yourself...

Reaction score
Since I am surrounded by males, I noticed that certain baked goods don't last in my home. They tend to be cup cakes, cookies and danishes. For some reason, other types - pound cake or muffins - aren't such a draw.

Baked goods in my house don't last very long at all !! Firsts, we have a big family of 6 so things tend to go rather quickly to begin with. I try to bake different things all the time so the kids, and my husband, stay intrigued . :) If they like something, I would probably say no more than 2 days and that's pushing it. :) Makes me happy though, at least I know they like my baking!!!

Danyel :)

Reaction score
Baked goods don't last very long in my house at all- I'm surrounded by boys, too, and we ALL have a pretty massive sweet tooth (Although they stay super skinny no matter how much they indulge...how is that fair?? lol). They'll go after pretty much anything, too, even the breads and muffins are not safe here! I agree with Danyel though, it makes me happy to know they like the food and appreciate me taking the time to bake it :).

Ask a Question