How often do you replace kitchen tools?

Reaction score
Some of my kitchen tools (wooden spoon, spatula, measuring cups) have been with me for at least 10 years. I don't even remember anymore where I purchased them. I just know they continue to work, so there's no need to replace them.

How often do you replace your kitchen tools?

Do you have them for long periods too?

Reaction score
I only replace my kitchen tools when they break. Some of my spoons and gadgets have been with me 15 years or more and I still love them. There is really no need to replace them unless they are worn out, or if you really don't like the color of the tool anymore. I tend to buy my kitchen ware more on the expensive side, so they last a long time.

Reaction score
I only replace kitchen tools when they break. I've had some of my stuff for over a decade. I'm a little bit addicted to kitchen tools, so when I see cute baking stuff on Amazon, sometimes I'm tempted, but then I remind myself that my existing kitchen tools still work and I could be saving that money.

Reaction score
I only replace kitchen tools when they break. I've had some of my stuff for over a decade. I'm a little bit addicted to kitchen tools, so when I see cute baking stuff on Amazon, sometimes I'm tempted, but then I remind myself that my existing kitchen tools still work and I could be saving that money.
I also have a kitchen gadget addiction but I don't have the will power you have

Reaction score
I don't think i replace my kitchen tools as often as i should, at this moment i am even using some of my grandmothers favorite kitchen tools..which means they are pretty old.

Reaction score
I repalce kitchen tool when they start to show that they are becoming worn. I don't like to wait until they break because I don't want to worry about having to run out and replace something in the middle of a recipe

Reaction score
I kind of feel like replacing a few pieces now because I saw a lime green pastry cutter and a purple turkey baster and I feel like replacing my black kitchen tools with colorful ones. The kitchen stuff at Walmart has gotten cuter.

Reaction score
I don't like the sight of rust so if I see any signs of rust I know it's time to replace the item. Recently while looking through some stuff I saw a spring form pan that looks like it has seen it's days. I had forgotten I even owned one. It's a reminder I was contemplating baking back in the day.

Since coming here and hearing that cheese cake is not that difficult to make I might replace that pan sooner rather than later.

Reaction score
Same here, Bella ;) I don't like to see any signs of rust or anything like that, I just don't like the sit of old kitchen tools! As for the cheese cake pan... have you considered a pyro rey one? =D Those are very nice and can last very long, unless you drop them of course.

Reaction score
Some of my kitchen tools (wooden spoon, spatula, measuring cups) have been with me for at least 10 years. I don't even remember anymore where I purchased them. I just know they continue to work, so there's no need to replace them.

How often do you replace your kitchen tools?

Do you have them for long periods too?

I'm not sure how often I really change mine, because my mom taught me it was important to buy quality over quantity, so my stuff doesn't start to wear out until some years have passed ;) should probably replace some kitchen tools sooner tho.

Reaction score
I could spend a small fortune on new cooking supplies if I allowed myself to do it. Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies in life and I think I should consider doing it for a living someday.

Ask a Question