How to bake lemon pie?

Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm trying to make lemon blueberry pie, I'm using blueberry jam and lemon pudding mix, I already got the pie crust chilling, I need to know how to bake it. Do I need to pre bake with a pie weight? Or should I just straight up fully bake the pie without any ingredients it it? I thought about pre baking putting the stuff in it and baking it but my parents said that the lemon pudding would be runny

Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm trying to make lemon blueberry pie, I'm using blueberry jam and lemon pudding mix, I already got the pie crust chilling, I need to know how to bake it. Do I need to pre bake with a pie weight? Or should I just straight up fully bake the pie without any ingredients it it? I thought about pre baking putting the stuff in it and baking it but my parents said that the lemon pudding would be runny

You need to fully pre-bake the piecrust. Pre bake at 350°F (170°C). And you need to fill it with some type of weights that not too heavy. I preferred to use rice as my pie weights. Then
Remove the weights as soon as it’s done baking cool it completely before you fill it with the pudding. I’m not sure how you plan to use the blueberry jam, so add where appropriate.

Prepare the pudding according to the package instructions. Then fill the cooled piecrust. Then chill the pie for several hours to set the pudding

Ask a Question