Keeping cheesecake in the fridge / Bake or no-bake Bailey's Cheesecake?

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

In a week's time, I am going to make a Bailey's Irish Cream cheesecake for my boyfriend, I have 4 recipes saved on Yummly. But I have two questions that I hope some of you can help me with:

1) Baked or no-bake? If anyone's had experience of making/eating a cheesecake with Bailey's in it, do you think it tastes better in a baked cheesecake or chilled and not baked?

2) How long will cheesecake keep well in the fridge for? I plan to make the cake on a Sunday afternoon (before my boyfriend arrives from halfway around the world) and serve it on Tuesday evening (his birthday, after I finish work). Will waiting this long compromise its taste?

Thanks in advance!

If you're curious, here are the different recipes I'm looking at. You can also help me decide on one!

http://www.yummly.co/#recipe/Hot-Buttered-Rum-Cheesecake-with-Brown-Sugar-Rum-Sauce-1935707

http://www.yummly.co/#recipe/Bailey_s-Irish-Cream-Cheesecake-1550804

http://www.yummly.co/#recipe/Non-Bake-Baileys-Cheesecake-1911265

http://www.yummly.co/#recipe/Baileys-Irish-Cream-Cheesecake-1225886

Reaction score
Well, to tell the truth, Cheesecake has never lasted more than three days, being stored anywhere near me!!! LOL
:D

Cheesecake lasts a while, even in the fridge. What you have to look out for is the "skin" that can form on the outer layer of the cheesecake. If you've ever had "skin" form on your American style pudding, then you know what I'm talking about.

The only other thing that might happen, is that the crust gets gummy and "wet" after sitting for a couple days. Although, some people like this, some don't.

I love chocolate, and I love cheesecake, but I do not like them together, so this recipe is not something I would ever make. But, I would suggest that if the cheesecake is going to sit in the fridge for a day or two, you use a recipe that is going to have a top layer of frosting, icing, or some kind of topping to keep it from getting that "skin" on top. Either that, or keep a layer of plastic film directly on top of the cheesecake until it is going to be served...which could alter the look of the top of the cheesecake.

Using alcohol in this is neither "here nor there", as most of the recipes you show only use enough of it, just for flavoring. I think one of the recipes has 1/2 a cup of Baileys in it, which is a lot, so if you prefer a heavy alcohol taste, I would use that one, not the others.

Aside from that, whether you use bake or no bake recipes, that is a preference on your part. Baked cheesecake will be more like standard cheesecake, but no bake cheesecake tends to be more "solid" as it does not get the puffy quality in it while baking.

The only think that will affect the taste is if you under or over bake this or use stale ingredients.

My final suggestion would be to make this as late on Sunday as possible. The least amount of time it sits in the fridge, the better.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Well, to tell the truth, Cheesecake has never lasted more than three days, being stored anywhere near me!!! LOL
:D

Cheesecake lasts a while, even in the fridge. What you have to look out for is the "skin" that can form on the outer layer of the cheesecake. If you've ever had "skin" form on your American style pudding, then you know what I'm talking about.

The only other thing that might happen, is that the crust gets gummy and "wet" after sitting for a couple days. Although, some people like this, some don't.

I love chocolate, and I love cheesecake, but I do not like them together, so this recipe is not something I would ever make. But, I would suggest that if the cheesecake is going to sit in the fridge for a day or two, you use a recipe that is going to have a top layer of frosting, icing, or some kind of topping to keep it from getting that "skin" on top. Either that, or keep a layer of plastic film directly on top of the cheesecake until it is going to be served...which could alter the look of the top of the cheesecake.

Using alcohol in this is neither "here nor there", as most of the recipes you show only use enough of it, just for flavoring. I think one of the recipes has 1/2 a cup of Baileys in it, which is a lot, so if you prefer a heavy alcohol taste, I would use that one, not the others.

Aside from that, whether you use bake or no bake recipes, that is a preference on your part. Baked cheesecake will be more like standard cheesecake, but no bake cheesecake tends to be more "solid" as it does not get the puffy quality in it while baking.

The only think that will affect the taste is if you under or over bake this or use stale ingredients.

My final suggestion would be to make this as late on Sunday as possible. The least amount of time it sits in the fridge, the better.

Hope that helps.

ChesterV, thank you so much for your thorough response! I totally agree with your suggestion on choosing the one with the generous amount of alcohol. I agree that it's always a shame when an alcoholic cake only has a tinge of the alcohol it promised!

I am veering towards baked because I think it's just that bit more fragrant than a no-bake!

Ask a Question