KitchenAid Mixer - Who has one?

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a KitchenAid mixer?

If you do, I hate you! Haha, just kidding, but I am really jealous.

I really, really, really want a red one with a whole bunch of attachments, but I haven't been able to justify spending that much just yet. I'm thinking about buying one on QVC through EasyPay.

What about you guys? Anyone have one of these beauties?

Reaction score
LindaKay, I feel your pain. I have been wanting one for years but have not been able to shell out that money for it. They are so expensive, especially if you want all the attachments. I watch QVC when they are on and they make it so tempting to buy one. They have a shield for no mess mixing and a ice cream making attachment. The price has scared me away for too many year. However, I think this will be the year I make my vision of having one a reality. I am so excited thinking of all the things I can make when I get one of those beauties in my kitchen.:D

Reaction score
A KitchenAid mixer is one item that is going on my wedding registry.

I have a knock-off version of one and it's horrible. The bowl only spins half of the time, when mixing, for the other half, I have to use my hand and guide it along. It's just, every time I think I can fork over the cash, life happens. One day, I will have one though and it will be worth every penny.

Reaction score
My husband's grandma has a gorgeous red one. It is beyond beautiful and matches my coffee pot and blender perfectly. I lovingly stare at it, whenever I go over to her house. I want one so bad, but money is tight. She has not used it in a while, maybe I should let her know I would love to give it a loving home one day?

Reaction score
My husband's grandma has a gorgeous red one. It is beyond beautiful and matches my coffee pot and blender perfectly. I lovingly stare at it, whenever I go over to her house. I want one so bad, but money is tight. She has not used it in a while, maybe I should let her know I would love to give it a loving home one day?
The red one is gorgeous. However, I was watching QVC and saw all the different colors which are amazing!! I could take one in every color. I cannot wait to get mine. My family is excited as well because they know they will be getting more delectable treats to sample. I want to start my own baking business and this will be a welcomed edition.

Reaction score
They have a lot of beautiful colors, but I would get a red one because my kitchen is done in red, black and Fat Chef stuff, so it would definitely match the best.

I thought about buying a knock-off before, but I figured it would just make me mad. I definitely think QVC is a good way to pay for it; their prices aren't that much higher than anywhere else, but you can make several payments.

Reaction score
I love, love, LOVE my kitchenaid mixer.

And no, that's not an exaggeration. When we were moving, this is how I packed my precious KA:

101_3665.jpg

And yes, the poor kid who helped us pack that day was very, very careful with that box, lol.

Reaction score
My Dad bought us one for Christmas a few year ago. Every year, he buys another attachment. It's the single best piece of kitchen equipment I own. I would highly recommend that all bakers put this product on their wish list. Also, this sounds logical, but many people don't do this - wait until there is a substantial sale. At certain times of the year, I've seen the mixers for up to half off.

Reaction score
Also, this sounds logical, but many people don't do this - wait until there is a substantial sale. At certain times of the year, I've seen the mixers for up to half off.

Definitely! At Christmas time especially, there are always some really good deals, so put back the money and wait until around that time. The same goes for attachments actually, and often times, you can find really good deals on attachments on places like Ebay. People receive them as gifts but then never really use them, so they try to sell them off as nearly new and you can get awesome prices.

Reaction score
When you do get your kitchenaid, make sure that you are buying one with METAL Gears. The ones with plastic gears break if they are under too much strain. My son used it one time and it died. He had the wrong beater in it, but still, the gears snapped so fast there wasn't time to turn it off when he knew by the sound something was wrong.

I was later able to find one at a decent price that was made with metal gears. I still won't let my son near it though.

Reaction score
Seems that most of the tilt- ones have nylon gears, while the Artisan ones have metal gears

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a KitchenAid mixer?

If you do, I hate you! Haha, just kidding, but I am really jealous.

I really, really, really want a red one with a whole bunch of attachments, but I haven't been able to justify spending that much just yet. I'm thinking about buying one on QVC through EasyPay.

What about you guys? Anyone have one of these beauties?

I have a beautiful red KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus. And yes, it gets used...a LOT. I have the silicone beater (which, admittedly, I don't use much), as well as the pasta attachment (3 different noodle widths) as well as the grinder/shredder attachment.

I will tell you the secret to getting good deals on attachments. Ready?

BE PATIENT.

Keep your eyes on the sales. Best Buy is a "Daily Deals" section you want to shop EVERY SINGLE DAY. I got my Pro 5 stand mixer on a ridiculous daily deal for like, $199 bucks or some ridiculous amount! Less than you'd pay for an Artisan. But watch the other online sites (amazon sometimes puts accessories on "Gold Box / Daily Deal" sale as well). I also got my pasta attachment AND my grater/shredder attachments on Daily Deal specials (Best Buy as well, If memory serves).

Watch the daily deals. Don't be impatient, wait for the model you want to go on sale, wait for the attachments to go on sale, then GRAB EM. Trust me. NEVER PAY FULL PRICE. Just be willing to wait a bit.

Reaction score
Seems that most of the tilt- ones have nylon gears, while the Artisan ones have metal gears

Actually, only the PROFESSIONAL line has an all metal gearbox / gearset. The "Lift Bowl" are the only ones you should buy. Never buy a tilt-head.

I'm going to do a post on why I believe KitchenAid stand mixers have INTENTIONAL design failure points, and what you can do to ELIMINATE them for a mixer that should last for decades. Read it.

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the gear assembly stripping when attachments are used? I have a kitchenaid architect that's 10 years old and I tried the grinder attachment for the first time and it stripped the gears. My SO says there is too much play in the attachment hub. We thought it was missing a washer or o-ring but there isn't one listed on the parts list.

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the gear assembly stripping when attachments are used? I have a kitchenaid architect that's 10 years old and I tried the grinder attachment for the first time and it stripped the gears. My SO says there is too much play in the attachment hub. We thought it was missing a washer or o-ring but there isn't one listed on the parts list.

I doubt seriously just using the grinder attachment once stripped the gear. Rather 10 years of using the mixer for things like bread dough had already worn the gear down. It just happened using the attachment was the nail in the coffin.

I have two KitchenAids, one that is 20 yrs old that has seen more mixing than the average mixer. it’s still going strong, even though I have the 6 qt Pro I still use my 20 yr old tilt head as my primary mixer.

you can repair the mixer yourself. There’s a lot of videos online. For parts for older mixers check out Mr. Mixer.

The guy also has a lot of videos on TikTok to explain maintenance and repairs on KitchenAids.

Reaction score
I once has a KA mixer that I used the grinder with, & it messed it up!! So now, I just used the food processor to chop meat for burgers or meat loaf.

Ask a Question