KitchenAid Pro 600 struggling to mix bread

SHA

Reaction score
This vid of the KA mixer that you posted sounds horrible!! I've been reading the last few posts & my input is that I had two KA mixers for the last 28 or so years & they worked flawlessly until they gave up the ghost. I now have the Nutrimill Artiste & the Globe sp08 mixer. They work very nice!! I thought about buying another KA mixer, but since Whirlpool took over the division from Hobart, the machines had started being made with inferior quality & consumers had started complaining furiously about about them. That they break down prematurely They are NOT made the way they were made years ago!! That was a turnoff & had made me shy away from them. These last 2 mixers are like a dream come true!! :)
Hi Linus, just curious have you made bagels on the Nutrimill - comments about it (I miss the bagels that used to be made that had the crispy fish scales - the only way to get those now is to make them yourself) ?

Reaction score
No. The point is that the recipe did not call for enough water.

This thread is now closed as far as I'm concerned. I had no idea such a simple question would cause so much controversy.
I make bread weekly in a rather inexpensive mixer (Vent-Ray). Please remember that people have been making bread for centuries without recipes. I tweak my “recipe” every time I make it for wetness, density, thickness etc. I think your problem is that you’re sticking with a recipe. Use your own observances (which include the struggle of your mixer) and common sense.

Reaction score
I've made dough for rolls in THIS machine several times & I've never had any trouble with it!! It performed flawlessly every time! It's lightweight, but very powerful. Makes up to 6 lbs of dough with the greatest of ease!! Beats out KA mixers immensely!!!! Powerful 650-watt belt-drive motor helps make it possible. A real trooper!!!! :)
My new mixer!!.jpg

Reaction score
I've made dough for rolls in THIS machine several times & I've never had any trouble with it!! It performed flawlessly every time! It's lightweight, but very powerful. Makes up to 6 lbs of dough with the greatest of ease!! Beats out KA mixers immensely!!!! Powerful 650-watt belt-drive motor helps make it possible. A real trooper!!!! :)
View attachment 4806
I want that machine!

Reaction score
I only know it by its name, Nutrimill Artiste. If you need to know the model#, I can go look. :)

Reaction score
No, i live in Mexico and it costs a FORTUNE to get it shipped here. I will get one and bring it down next time I go to see my kids.

Reaction score
Yeah, from what I heard, it is ridiculously expensive to have things shipped from here to anothe country!!!! Ridiculous!!! :eek:

SHA

Reaction score
View attachment 4806
Hi Linus, just curious have you made bagels on the Nutrimill - comments about it (I miss the bagels that used to be made that had the crispy fish scales - the only way to get those now is to make them yourself) ?

Reaction score
Apologies for jumping on this thread, I posted a new thread but no replies.

I've been the home cook for years, and decided to improve on my baking. I am looking to get a new mixer (KitchenAid has been recommended), but unsure which size. I bake cakes, cookies, pastries etc... usually large 3 tier cakes of some sort. What size KA would be good. I will do a bread dough (kind of) for Jamaican Fried Dumplings on a weekly basis (which consists flour, water, baking powder, bicarb and salt) - it's a tough old dough, so would like to save my tired hands.

Any suggestions welcome.

Ask a Question