Looking for a special pastry or dough recipe

Reaction score
Hey there everyone,

Im looking for a recipe i seen a friend make, i don t have contact with this friend anymore unfortunately.

The recipe was like a pastry dough, cut into triangles and then when it baked it had layers, pastry or dough on the outside and like a custard filling on the inside, this happened during the baking process and nothing was added like custard or anything. This friend was American so not sure if its a recipe from there? Any help would be great

Reaction score
Hey there everyone,

Im looking for a recipe i seen a friend make, i don t have contact with this friend anymore unfortunately.

The recipe was like a pastry dough, cut into triangles and then when it baked it had layers, pastry or dough on the outside and like a custard filling on the inside, this happened during the baking process and nothing was added like custard or anything. This friend was American so not sure if its a recipe from there? Any help would be great
There is no way for a custard to form between layers of pastry dough without the addition of a filling.

Most likely it was a feuillete (puff pastry) filled with frangipane (almond paste filling). Just Google triangle frangipane. Frangipane baked in pastry is often confused for being part of the dough.

This isn’t something for a novice baker. Puff pastry is exceptionally difficult to make.

Reaction score
While puff pastry is indeed a challenge, there are great online resources for this. Lastly, there is always packaged puff pastry. I have used this several times and it is a wonderful product.

Reaction score
Rubbish. Reverse puff dough is a simple 30 minute job.

A 30 minute job for a professionally trained baker.

For a novice the butter is a mess; layers are stuck together; the butter leaks.

I have seen your video. You can’t even handle the dough properly. That’s why you use tons of extra flour. A trained baker who knows how to make a dough does not flour the work surface. The fact that you cannot handle your dough without an estimated 300 g more flour shows your lack of skill.

Reaction score
A 30 minute job for a professionally trained baker.

For a novice the butter is a mess; layers are stuck together; the butter leaks.

I have seen your video. You can’t even handle the dough properly. That’s why you use tons of extra flour. A trained baker who knows how to make a dough does not flour the work surface. The fact that you cannot handle your dough without an estimated 300 g more flour shows your lack of skill.
You're funny.

Reaction score
You're funny.

You always jump in to offer commentary. But you don’t provide bakers with Much that they can actually use to be successful in their baking projects.

What is a fact that puff pastry is an advanced pastry technique. It's not taught until all the fundamentals in baking are learned. And invert puff pastry is the more advanced for of puff pastry.

When baker’s jump into advanced techniques without any foundation in the fundamentals they end up with failed projects.

Ingredients are expensive. Puff pastry in particular is expensive because of the price of butter. Puff pastry takes hours. Wasting people’s time and money is a sin.

People come here for information. I believe in giving people honest and correct information. Some people may not like hearing the truth or how I deliver it. But they’ll always get an honest answer and an explanation of the way things are properly taught; the baking science as taught; and if they need it, resources to accomplish their tasks.

Ask a Question