Low Fat Cookies?

Reaction score
I'm curious to know what you're favorite low fat cookies are? What are some good substitutions that you have found to work well?

Reaction score
InfoNet, a Univesity of Missouri Extension has an interesting article on how to modify recipes to reduce fat:

Recipes are chemical formulas that specify the ingredients, proportions, and methods necessary to produce a great tasting product. Any change made in the recipe will produce a slightly different product from the one that you normally enjoy. You may or may not be satisfied with the result, so experiment. Generally, reducing fat or using a fat substitute can result in: a coarser texture, less moistness, less flavor, tough crumb, “gummy” taste, less richness, less creaminess and shorter shelf life.

The following are some quick tips for a lower-fat version of your favorite recipes...
Find all those tips here, http://extension.missouri.edu/extensioninfonet/article.asp?id=3450

Reaction score
I realize this isn't a complete recipe, but I do have a good option for an egg substitute: chia gel! In order to make 1 egg equivalent, all you need is 1 tbsp. chia seeds to 3 tbsp. water. You do want to shake it or stir them well when you combine the two ingredients since the chia seeds will stick together. Some people also like to break up the seeds a bit by putting it through a food processor, but I've never had issues when I've used whole chia seeds since they're so tiny. If you don't want them to stand out in your, let's say, yellow cake, then use white chia seeds.

Reaction score
I only substitute bad fats,.. fat is SO good for you. That's all I have to say on the matter, I'm bad at subs lol.

Ask a Question