Maple Pumpkin Muffins

Reaction score
I was actually looking for a different recipe, and I stumbled on these yummy looking muffins. I love maple, and I love pumpkin, so these have to be a winner. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/maple-pumpkin-muffins Taste of Home is one of my go to sites for recipes, and I've never found one that I didn't like, or that didn't turn out well.

Here are the ingredients needed to make these beauties, and you can follow the link for the directions:

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 3/4 cup evaporated milk
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
  • 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • TOPPING:
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar

Attachments

• maple pumpkin muffins.jpg
    maple pumpkin muffins.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 448
Reaction score
They look amazing, thanks for sharing that recipe with us! I love walnuts, sadly over here they are super expensive, so I am going to wait til I move to the new place to finally give them a try :) But they sound lovely, I bet they are very moist and rich!

Reaction score
They look amazing, thanks for sharing that recipe with us! I love walnuts, sadly over here they are super expensive, so I am going to wait til I move to the new place to finally give them a try :) But they sound lovely, I bet they are very moist and rich!

I know what you mean, all nuts are expensive here, with the possible exception of peanuts. Ironically, I have a pecan tree that sits in my neighbor's yard and drops nuts on my roof. They roll across and get the kitties all excited. The problem is, I'm not sure what they've been exposed to as far as chemicals, so although I love nuts, I'm not going to risk it. When are you moving, is there a set date, or is it up in the air?

Reaction score
Taste of Home is one of my favorite cooking/baking websites because they always have some amazing recipes listed. I made some maple apple cupcakes last year and they turned out fabulous so I imagine that maple and pumpkin ones would be yummy too!

Reaction score
I know what you mean, all nuts are expensive here, with the possible exception of peanuts. Ironically, I have a pecan tree that sits in my neighbor's yard and drops nuts on my roof. They roll across and get the kitties all excited. The problem is, I'm not sure what they've been exposed to as far as chemicals, so although I love nuts, I'm not going to risk it. When are you moving, is there a set date, or is it up in the air?

I am probably moving by the end of January or February. Still a lot things to do :) I'm moving to ta totally different continent. I am considering pay an extra $100 dollars just to be able to take two bags with me, because well... trying to fit all your things in just one bag doesn't sound logical to me at all. I only hope I can handle those two big bags, plus the small carry on and the backpack. It's going to be soooooooo fun! :D

Ask a Question