Meringue Crust Recipe

Reaction score
Hi,

My mom used to make the most amazing "Lemon Dream Pie". The key to this pie was the meringue crust. Well she is eighty-one and bedridden now and can't find her recipe. I would love it if someone could give me a good recipe for meringue crust. It's such a light dessert that is perfect after a big meal like Thanksgiving or Easter.

Thanks

Reaction score
Wow. That is my mom's recipe! She calls it her "lemon dream pie". Yes you definitely have to try it, it is such a light dessert and is gone within minutes during the holidays. Thank you.

Reaction score
Here is a simple recipe for a lemon pie with a merague crust:

Ingredients

dollar-green2.png
Savings in owens cross roads, AL 35763 Change Zip
ZIPSelect distance2 miles5 miles10 miles20 miles50 miles
go-button2.png

My Savings Add to Grocery List
Nutritional Facts
1 serving (1 slice) equals 286 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Directions
  1. Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
  2. In a large saucepan, combine the egg yolks, lemon juice and peel, salt and remaining sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
  3. Fold half of the whipped cream into lemon filling; spread into meringue shell. Top with remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.Yield: 6-8 servings.

Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/lemon-pie-in-meringue-shell#ixzz3CRAMR8X9

Reaction score
Hi,

My mom used to make the most amazing "Lemon Dream Pie". The key to this pie was the meringue crust. Well she is eighty-one and bedridden now and can't find her recipe. I would love it if someone could give me a good recipe for meringue crust. It's such a light dessert that is perfect after a big meal like Thanksgiving or Easter.

Thanks
I've never heard of it. It sounds very good though. I'll be checking back here to see if anyone has come up with anything. I'd like to try it.

Ask a Question