No knead bread...thats a thing, right? (Help)

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm baking a no knead type bread. It has flour, yeast, salt, water. I've used easy yeast and because the recipe didn't specify, I didn't use warm water.
Recipe says to mix, sit for 15m, do one set of stretch and fold, 30m another set, cover and leave at room temp for one hour then leave in the fridge overnight before baking.
First time round I realised the oven was too hot as centre was doughy and outside a bit overdone. It had bubbled a little in the fridge but not much.
This time my bread hasn't bubbled at all and is sitting looking sullen. Should I bake it (at a lower temp) or should I do something else to ensure it turns out right. My partner reckons all bread dough needs lots of kneading. Sorry for the long post....

Reaction score
knead or don't knead , all bread requires some yeast activity.
Either wake it up with warm water or mix it vigorously until it registers 78F.
Stretch and fold is just low friction kneading so don't use cold water unless you are using fresh cake yeast.

Reaction score
Kneading is not necessary for baking no-knead bread. But yes, probably you need a warm water to wake it up. Or warm milk...

Ask a Question