No knead bread

Discussion in 'Bread' started by hawkeyefxr, Oct 22, 2018.

1. hawkeyefxr

Norcalbaker59 Well-Known Member

@hawkeyefxr,

Sorry for the delayed response; I was busy on a ton of projects, then away for a bit. The loaf looks gorgeous. Next time I’m out visiting my son in Texas I’m going to have to trade the Harley trick:D

By the way what type of Dutch oven do you use? Mine is an AllClad stainless steel but I’m thinking about getting a enamel covered cast iron.

Norcalbaker59, Nov 9, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. hawkeyefxr

hawkeyefxr Member

Buying a Harley to get good bread is a touch expensive as regards bread, does wonders for your feelings while riding it though.

My Dutch Oven is a uuni
    https://uk.ooni.com/collections/sho...k8mtJJdD6JXXdPO6MuSUwRMbaGjBUewhoCC04QAvD_BwE

It's cast iron but not enamelled, they give a detailed description of how to season it and it works perfectly. Of course you don't wash it after, that would destroy the seasoning. It a great item and makes a good sized loaf.

hawkeyefxr, Nov 9, 2018
    Norcalbaker59 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. hawkeyefxr

Norcalbaker59 Well-Known Member

That’s a nice looking cast-iron Dutch oven. I love the shape. I love cast iron. I regularly use my cast iron skillets. Got those babies seasoned first by applying a layer of oil and baking them in the oven. Then to get that good seasoning on it I fried bacon in them every day for several
    weeks:D

Norcalbaker59, Nov 9, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question