No knead bread

Reaction score
Well, Initial rise was left overnight as normal, i tipped the dough out and flattened it, as normal then folded it a third, then third then in half. left for 2hrs then switched the oven on with the Dutch oven inside, it took about 20 mins to reach 260c 500F.
Put the dough into the Dutch oven (dough was sticky but not dry or wet) put the lid on and left for 15mins. Then took the lid off and lowered the temp to 230c 446F and baked for a further 45mins.
Removed Dutch oven and tipped the bread out and returned to the over upside down for 10mins and then removed.
I put the bread in the garage to cool with the Harley ( i think the Harley made the difference :) . )
When cooled right down i cut the end of the bread off, it has a nice crust, not thick and the bread knife was clean of dough. This was not the case on the previous loaf.
Picture below.
I need to make a few more loaves to confirm that i have it right but it's looking good.

@hawkeyefxr,

Sorry for the delayed response; I was busy on a ton of projects, then away for a bit. The loaf looks gorgeous. Next time I’m out visiting my son in Texas I’m going to have to trade the Harley trick:D

By the way what type of Dutch oven do you use? Mine is an AllClad stainless steel but I’m thinking about getting a enamel covered cast iron.

Reaction score
Buying a Harley to get good bread is a touch expensive as regards bread, does wonders for your feelings while riding it though.

My Dutch Oven is a uuni
https://uk.ooni.com/collections/sho...k8mtJJdD6JXXdPO6MuSUwRMbaGjBUewhoCC04QAvD_BwE

It's cast iron but not enamelled, they give a detailed description of how to season it and it works perfectly. Of course you don't wash it after, that would destroy the seasoning. It a great item and makes a good sized loaf.

Reaction score
Buying a Harley to get good bread is a touch expensive as regards bread, does wonders for your feelings while riding it though.

My Dutch Oven is a uuni
https://uk.ooni.com/collections/sho...k8mtJJdD6JXXdPO6MuSUwRMbaGjBUewhoCC04QAvD_BwE

It's cast iron but not enamelled, they give a detailed description of how to season it and it works perfectly. Of course you don't wash it after, that would destroy the seasoning. It a great item and makes a good sized loaf.

That’s a nice looking cast-iron Dutch oven. I love the shape. I love cast iron. I regularly use my cast iron skillets. Got those babies seasoned first by applying a layer of oil and baking them in the oven. Then to get that good seasoning on it I fried bacon in them every day for several
weeks:D

Ask a Question