Nutella!

Reaction score
Nutella is like heaven in a jar!

Has anyone used this in their baking? I've used it as frosting and swirled it into muffin and brownie batter. There are so many ways it can be used in bakery and if you check out their site, you can get lots of recipe ideas.

I can eat this stuff with a spoon. :D

Reaction score
It's so nice! I was going to try using it with cookies, but i've decided it might be too gooey then. I might try sticking it in rock buns or something similar though.

I also eat it with a spoon. With regret, i've gone through a whole tub in one day before... Whoops!

Reaction score
I posted a recipe in one of these threads for Nutella cookies. It's not too gooey to bake with, it's just a little thinner than peanut butter.

Found another recipe.

31d6b3992c8f82c8c7ae006ba0ea8e4d.jpg

Reaction score
Definitely going to try that recipe, it looks so easy and delicious! And here's another recipe for Nutella cookies I've tried which is really tasty:

999874678_dceb558be1.jpg

Chocolate sandwich cookies with Nutella

Ingredients:
  • 65g (2 oz) cold butter, chopped
  • 32g (¼ cup) icing sugar
  • 68g (½ cup) plain flour
  • 2 ½ teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1 egg yolk
  • Nutella

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
Process all the ingredients in a food processor until a soft dough forms – my processor is tiny so I made this by hand.
Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls, place on baking trays lined with nonstick baking paper and flatten slightly.*
Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the bases are lightly cooked – the first batch was too soft so I baked the remaining cookies for 10 minutes.
Cool on trays.
Sandwich the cookies with chocolate ganache – I used Nutella. They’re really delicate, so be careful when spreading the filling.

* the cookies on the book were really flat – maybe I should have used less dough in each ball.

Makes 22 filled cookies.

Reaction score
I haven't tried baking with it yet! I know it's all the rage....and I agree it's yummy stuff! So far I've only enjoyed it, occasionally, in a peanut butter sandwich. And now the jar is almost empty so I'll have to get more before I can try any of these yummy looking cookies!

Reaction score
Nutella is amazing! I haven't made anything using it myself as I probably wouldn't use it often enough to justify buying a tub of the stuff (and tasty as it is, I'm not sure I could polish it off with a spoon!). However, I went to an amazing cupcake bakery yesterday and got a Nutella cupcake which was so tasty - it was a chocolate cupcake with chocolate buttercream, topped with hazelnuts, then the inside of the cake was scooped out and filled with Nutella. :D

Reaction score
Oh, you guys are the best! Look at all the recipes! :)

ACSAPA - The one you posted looks so easy! Thank you!! I will be trying that one for sure.

Keep them coming! I love it! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I posted a recipe in one of these threads for Nutella cookies. It's not too gooey to bake with, it's just a little thinner than peanut butter.

Found another recipe.

31d6b3992c8f82c8c7ae006ba0ea8e4d.jpg

I made these cookies last week for a family gathering. First mistake: I made the dough too late to bake them that day and put it into the refrigerator, forgetting that the label says NOT to refrigerate Nutella. (I think I was too tired that night to care, anyway!) The next day when I got the dough out it was a dried up, crumbly mess, much too thick and stiff to bake. So I drizzled a little milk into it and it loosened up, but was a bit TOO thin. I scooped it out anyway and baked it (Hey, I had two cups of Nutella into this double batch and wasn't giving up easily!) The cookies actually turned out okay, especially because I used them for sandwich cookies so the creamy filling added some moisture. I still like my Betty Crocker cocoa drop recipe better (texture and flavor) but I can't say it's a fair comparison, considering my goof-up.

I also made a batch of peanut butter cookies and made sandwiches out of those as well. Two fillings helped round it all out: one made with unsweetened chocolate, powdered sugar, cream cheese and marshmallow fluff, the other with strawberry cream cheese and marshmallow fluff. Both were a big hit!

Reaction score
I found a Nutella smoothie!

"Choc Berry
50g (2 oz) chocolate and hazelnut spread
50g (2 oz) frozen strawberries
100g (3 1/2 oz) canned custard
100ml (3 1/4 fl oz) soya milk"

This sounds great!

Reaction score
Like the ones you stick in the microwave? I'm always scared to try those. I don't think i have any mugs suitable, aha.

Reaction score
The other day I saw a bucket of Nutella for sale at a small French restaurant/packaged French foods store. I didn't see the weight, but here's a picture:
eigc.jpg

Reaction score
One word. WOW. But then i'd be too tempted to go through the whole thing, I could never do that though. So maybe it would be worthwhile haha. It looks like it would last a while!

Reaction score
Holy smokes! That's a lot of Nutella! Haha! Now that is a restaurant that probably has some very good items on their dessert menu! I bet a bucket of Nutella must be pretty pricey. Worth every penny!

Ask a Question