Oddest baking?

Reaction score
So, there's some really unusual projects out there, but what's the one oddest thing that you've found yourself making, or have known someone else to make?

I'm talking really odd here. Frozen monkey brains perhaps? Caramalised spiders?

Reaction score
I think the weirdest project/ingredient is the series of recipes in Natural Harvest. It is a cookbook of desserts and other dishes made with male human semen as an ingredient.
Even the flan on the cover is made from semen. Some of the recipes are "Saltier Caviar" and "Spunky Candied Pecans". I would never try these recipes but it amuses me that this cookbook exists and that someone decided to try cooking with semen.

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Harvest-collection-semen-based-recipes/dp/1481227041

Reaction score
Really??? Semen??? That is just gross...who would have ever thought of cooking with that? I was thinking more along the lines of grubs or bugs mixed into cake mix or something along those lines. I am going to check out the link you provided just out of morbid curiosity LOL. I was watching Shark Tank a few weeks ago and a guy had made some sort of cricket flour that bakers can use to add protein to their pastries, that is also pretty odd.

Reaction score
I think the weirdest project/ingredient is the series of recipes in Natural Harvest. It is a cookbook of desserts and other dishes made with male human semen as an ingredient.
Even the flan on the cover is made from semen. Some of the recipes are "Saltier Caviar" and "Spunky Candied Pecans". I would never try these recipes but it amuses me that this cookbook exists and that someone decided to try cooking with semen.

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Harvest-collection-semen-based-recipes/dp/1481227041[/QUOTE

Is this for real? What is this world coming to just thinking about it leaves me nauseated.

Reaction score
Aaaaand the semen recipes just reminded me that I've seen people who make-and think it's fine to make mind-period blood cupcakes.

Reaction score

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Harvest-collection-semen-based-recipes/dp/1481227041
Hahah! The closest I have ever heard to this was turning breast milk into ice cream to get people more interested in breast feeding their children.
The sperm recipe book wouldn't really have a alternative purpose like that.
What a great laugh though.

Reaction score
Hahah! The closest I have ever heard to this was turning breast milk into ice cream to get people more interested in breast feeding their children.
The sperm recipe book wouldn't really have a alternative purpose like that.
What a great laugh though.
That never really made sense to me to be honest. I mean, supposedly breast milk ice cream doesn't taste any different or anything, but how is that meant to encourage you to breast feed your children?

Reaction score
I can't find the article I once read, but I remember the maker of the ice cream said " If adults realized how tasty breast milk was more new mothers would be encouraged to breastfeed".

Reaction score
I can't find the article I once read, but I remember the maker of the ice cream said " If adults realized how tasty breast milk was more new mothers would be encouraged to breastfeed".
I...guess that makes sense?

I mean, it isn't really about the taste so much as it is, 'This is the best thing for your child' but I guess I can see where they're coming from. I'd like to at least try breast milk ice cream once. Maybe not from a relative though :s

Reaction score
I would try it. I think with a relative you would know more about how they take care of their body and what they put in it than a stranger.
It would be a great conversation starter to have tried it. lol

Ask a Question