Oreo cupcakes with extra Oreo!

Discussion in 'Cakes' started by Becky, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

I made some Oreo cupcakes for my brother's birthday, and they were so yummy I had to share it here :D

I'm sharing more the concept than the recipe, as you can easily use your favourite chocolate cupcake recipe.

So the idea is, you put an Oreo into the bottom of each cupcake case, top with your chocolate cupcake batter, and then bake. Mix crushed Oreos into plain buttercream icing and decorate the cupcakes once they have cooled. Top with more Oreo if you like!

Oreo cupcakes 1.jpg

Oreo cupcakes 2.jpg

Oreo cupcakes 3.jpg

Initially I piped it like a rose, but I thought my brother would think they looked too girly so I added some more to make it a swirl instead Oreo cupcakes 4.jpg

Oreo cupcakes 5.jpg

YUM! :D
    Oreo cupcakes 6.jpg

Becky, Jan 21, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

cmckinney01 Well-Known Member

I love Oreos so I would love to try this recipe. It sounds pretty simple and basic. This is a great one to use for a birthday. Who wouldn't want Oreo cupcakes? Most people love Oreos so the more Oreos we can use in baking, the better.

cmckinney01, Jan 22, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

smlewis00 Well-Known Member

Those look delicious! My friend did something similar for her daughters birthday. Her daughter's birthday theme was Mini Mouse. So she used the mini oreos as Minnie Mouse ears on top of the cupcakes. She then used red icing to make little red bows between the two ears. It was very cute, yet simple enough she could do it herself. She loved that she was able to do it on her own and not have to pay a bakery to provide cupcakes for her daughter's birthday. Its always great when you can save money and have the satisfaction that you did it yourself.

smlewis00, Jan 22, 2014
    Becky likes this.
  4. Becky

randee555 Well-Known Member

Those look so delicious!! I love oreos and anything with oreos in it. I had to stop looking at the pictures because I felt like I was being teased. I have got to try this recipe!!!

randee555, Jan 23, 2014
  5. Becky

Bella Well-Known Member

Those cupcakes look fancy and delicious! Thank you so much for sharing, I am definitely going to try this out soon. Does the cookie at the bottom stay crunchy or is it nice and soft?

Bella, Jan 23, 2014
  6. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Somewhere between the two! It still keeps it's shape and structure and it isn't soft, but it does lose it's crunch. Works really well I think!

Becky, Jan 29, 2014
  7. Becky

LindaKay Well-Known Member

Wow - what a fabulous idea! Oreo overload...not saying that's a bad thing at all. You made them very fancy and beautiful, too. :)

LindaKay, Jan 30, 2014
  8. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Thanks! Made some more on Monday for the family of a friend who has just had a heart transplant, they were extremely popular!

Becky, Feb 5, 2014
  9. Becky

mommy42 Well-Known Member

WOW! Do those look good!!!! And I love that you included pictures! It looks and sounds easy to make!
    Will have to give it a try. Maybe my daughter will want those for her bday!!
    How sweet of you, Becky, to make them for the family! :)

mommy42, Feb 5, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question