Salty Cakes or Sweet Cakes?

Reaction score
I've never tasted salty cake. Do you have any recipes for making any? I'd like to break it down to one or two servings and give it a try.

You could try a ''salty'' cornbread ;) A meat or chicken pie, those are the kind of salty ''cakes'' the OP was referring to, never heard of a salty cake tho. But plenty of salty things to try in the baking world ;)

Reaction score
It might be nice to have salty cakes as an afternoon snack with some coffee. I think I would like some salmon cakes or something with bacon and cheese in it. I am always open to trying new foods.

Reaction score
You have me thinking deep here as i just cannot remember ever having a salty cake before; i think this one is some what new to me. I think i'll need to do some research and see what i find.

Reaction score
I would go for sweet. My cooking takes care of all the salt I need in my life and probably more than I need. I must confess that after looking over the thread, I am willing to try some of the recipes. Some are quite appealing to be honest. Until now I did not even think of making the comparison.

Reaction score
In the event that I need to pick between salty cakes and sweet cakes, I will definitely pick sweet cakes over salty cakes. I haven't generally eaten up salty cakes at any rate, I've made cornbread on several events that it was savory but without a doubt I will make an attempt to give salty cakes a try. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It might be nice to have salty cakes as an afternoon snack with some coffee. I think I would like some salmon cakes or something with bacon and cheese in it. I am always open to trying new foods.

Yummy! Those salmon cakes sound delicious! I was just checking out a Scandinavian salty cake some days ago, and I thought it was a wonderful idea for a pre-lunch time reunion! It had some sea food too, it looked delicious!

Ask a Question