Showcase your work!

Reaction score
I fell in love with baking when I started working in one of the bakeries two weeks ago. I love Robic Muffins, buns, this smell ... I think that's what it smells like in heaven :D

Reaction score
Chocolate espresso cupcakes with vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream and chocolate floodwork designs.

Attachments

• V-Day Cupcakes.jpg
    V-Day Cupcakes.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 113
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence:DThere’s a glut of cookbooks out there.

But most come from the perspective of the type of baked good (e.g., bread, cake, etc.). I would like a cookbook that focuses on technique, with recipes that then demonstrate the technique.
I second that!
I've actually been copying your replies into my note book, like baking cakes at 325F, except for carrot, hummingbird cakes etc... and creaming butter straight out of my chiller...

A cookbook that I reach for often, Phoenix Claws and Jade Trees by Kian Lam Kho, explains technique before pairing them with recipes. I think that's a wonderful way to learn.

Looking forward to buying your first edition!

Reaction score
Thank you! I used RI for 20-something years until I found glaze. I will never go back. I flood the cookies with glaze and then paint them

Thank you! I used RI for 20-something years until I found glaze. I will never go back. I flood the cookies with glaze and then paint them.
Cookies glaze? Never heard of it. Can you share? Your works are so beautiful!!

Reaction score
Cookies glaze? Never heard of it. Can you share? Your works are so beautiful!!
Glaze works the very same way you use RI except it tastes better, doesn't need meringue or egg, it dries the same, and has a wonderful shine to it. My recipe is.... 6 c powdered sugar, 1/4 cup clear corn syrup, 2 tsp flavoring (I use 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp almond), and milk until you get to the right consistency.

Reaction score
Carrot cake-Vegetarian diet

Ingredients for the dough

250 g of fine wheat flour - about 1.5 cups
180 ml of vegetable oil - about 3/4 cup
4 large eggs or 5 small ones
300 g of coarsely grated carrots - 3 glasses
120 g of apple sauce without sugar - up to 1/3 cup
150 g of cane sugar - up to 0.5 cups
100 g of plain sugar - about 1/3 cup
2 spoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
spices: 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon, half a teaspoon of salt and ginger, 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
Ingredients for butter cream

250 g Philadelphia cheese or mascarpone - small package
150 g of butter - 3/4 of a cube
150 g of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or vanilla paste
a few walnuts for decoration
Carrot cake with cream
My glass has a capacity of 250 ml.
Take the eggs and butter out of the fridge beforehand. The butter will be used to make the cream. It must therefore be perfectly soft.

Baking tin: two springform cake tins, 22 cm in diameter or a larger baking tray, approx. 35 x 25 cm. Since not everyone has two springform cake pans of the same diameter at home, I recommend using one baking tray (just like me) and then just cut the dough into two equal pieces. You put cream on one piece, then another piece of cake and cream again .. ready :)

Baking: 175 degrees, middle shelf with the option of up / down baking or 160 degrees with hot air.
Baking time: about 30-35 minutes, to a dry stick.

Reaction score
There are some amazing bakers and bakes on here, I wasn’t sure whether to show these two cakes I recently made as I haven’t been decorating my cakes for very long. I was struggling to find gifts for my work colleagues so decided that I would have a go at making them a cake especially themed to their likes, hobbies etc. I often take in cakes so I knew that side was fairly ok but had never decorated a cake before, but by following lots of YouTube tutorials I thought the results were quite possible.
I made a kitchen garden cake for a colleague who was leaving, he was going to be a kitchen gardener in an exclusive hotel, then I decided on a pond them as another colleague loves frogs.

Attachments

• 8828705A-A9DC-47C1-873D-68E876182C6D.jpeg
    8828705A-A9DC-47C1-873D-68E876182C6D.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 1930B251-2761-4AFC-952E-75053DF7388A.jpeg
    1930B251-2761-4AFC-952E-75053DF7388A.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 25
Reaction score
There are some amazing bakers and bakes on here, I wasn’t sure whether to show these two cakes I recently made as I haven’t been decorating my cakes for very long. I was struggling to find gifts for my work colleagues so decided that I would have a go at making them a cake especially themed to their likes, hobbies etc. I often take in cakes so I knew that side was fairly ok but had never decorated a cake before, but by following lots of YouTube tutorials I thought the results were quite possible.
I made a kitchen garden cake for a colleague who was leaving, he was going to be a kitchen gardener in an exclusive hotel, then I decided on a pond them as another colleague loves frogs.

These are beautiful!! If you're new at this, you've done very well!

Reaction score
This is the Almond Filled Rugelach that I make regularly. I make my own almond paste, both regular and reduced-sugar, and organic jam. These little pastry cookies never last long... always get rave reviews and requests for more. I make several different variations, including raspberry, chocolate-hazelnut, apricot, cinnamon-sugar, etc.

Attachments

• Rugelach.jpg
    Rugelach.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 21
Reaction score
This is the Almond Filled Rugelach that I make regularly. I make my own almond paste, both regular and reduced-sugar, and organic jam. These little pastry cookies never last long... always get rave reviews and requests for more. I make several different variations, including raspberry, chocolate-hazelnut, apricot, cinnamon-sugar, etc.

They look and sound so good! I am always looking for sugarfree or low sugar anything!

Reaction score
Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheryl N.

Latest Threads