Simple almond and apricot tart

Reaction score
We had my step-dad visiting this weekend, and on Saturday we had a day out. We didn't get back until early evening, so I planned a meal that had minimal prep work - for the dessert I chose this Almond and Apricot Tart. I made the pastry the previous day and left it to chill in the fridge, and all that was required for the filling was to grate the almond paste and top with the apricot halves.

The recipe is in Mary Berry's 'Baking Bible' and is called Austrian Almond and Apricot Tart. This blog post references the recipe: https://rosebakesblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/26/austrian-apricot-and-almond-tart/

I loved how the pastry on top melded around the shape of the apricots!

almond apricot tart 1.jpg

almond apricot tart 2.jpg

I didn't have a round tin big enough for it so I used a 22cm square tin instead as it has roughly the same volume. The pastry didn't cook well on the bottom, so in future I might try blind baking it before adding the filling, or maybe try putting the tin on a hot baking stone. The almond paste seemed to kinda melt into the pastry on the bottom, which wasn't unpleasant! In fact the whole thing was delicious, just difficult to serve neatly.

For such a simple recipe I would definitely recommend it! :)

Ask a Question