Some new baking tools

J13

Reaction score
At some point I placed my cookbook down on the stove top without thinking...I’m sure Julia would understand:D
I think Julia would not only understand but approve! :cool: It shows you used the cookbook rather than kept it on the shelf. The best cookbooks are the ones with the stains and torn pages, right? ;)

Reaction score
Hi Norcalbaker and J13. I'm sorry, I've been away from the forum for about a week. I was just quite busy attending to various things, and baking and internet took a backseat. I'm back though! :D I have to say that haven't done any baking whatsoever due to other commitments, the hot weather, watching Wimbledon, women's football world cup, and gigging. I'm looking forward to getting back into making some nice things though. :)

I agree NCB, it does seem that choux doesn't have much shelf life.
Oh my word though, your book! :eek: I've done something similar, it's easily done.
Let's all of us not do that with our thermapens, lol. :D

Reaction score
Hi Norcalbaker and J13. I'm sorry, I've been away from the forum for about a week. I was just quite busy attending to various things, and baking and internet took a backseat. I'm back though! :D I have to say that haven't done any baking whatsoever due to other commitments, the hot weather, watching Wimbledon, women's football world cup, and gigging. I'm looking forward to getting back into making some nice things though. :)

I agree NCB, it does seem that choux doesn't have much shelf life.
Oh my word though, your book! :eek: I've done something similar, it's easily done.
Let's all of us not do that with our thermapens, lol. :D

Hey, nice to hear from you Lee. No worries, there’s more to life than baking.

The US Women’s team certainly made America proud. USWNT now stands alone as the greatest international women’s soccer team with four World Cup titles, four Olympic Gold medals and eight CONCACAF Gold Cups. :D

Now I’m rooting for Serena Williams at Wimbledon. :cool:

Reaction score
Hey, nice to hear from you Lee. No worries, there’s more to life than baking.

The US Women’s team certainly made America proud. USWNT now stands alone as the greatest international women’s soccer team with four World Cup titles, four Olympic Gold medals and eight CONCACAF Gold Cups. :D

Now I’m rooting for Serena Williams at Wimbledon. :cool:

Hi NCB :). Serena will win it I think, she's just amazing. Our last remaining hope Jo Konta is playing in the QF at the moment, was winning 4-1 first set but ended up losing the set! Useless :D

The USA football team were too strong, immense playing from those girls. We'll beat you one day. Probably not for about 50 years though. :D

Reaction score
Hi NCB :). Serena will win it I think, she's just amazing. Our last remaining hope Jo Konta is playing in the QF at the moment, was winning 4-1 first set but ended up losing the set! Useless :D

The USA football team were too strong, immense playing from those girls. We'll beat you one day. Probably not for about 50 years though. :D

There’s always hope for England...never give up.:D

Serena is an amazing athlete. I am really rooting for her. But she had to work for this semifinal. She said two weeks ago she would not have won this one. That she needs to do better. That experience really played a big part in her win today. So she has her work cut out for her.

Reaction score
@Lee_C so I’m really nervous cuz Williams is playing Simona Halep. And even though Williams is still the favorite to win, Halep is definitely a worthy opponent. But at least a win at Wimbledon to tie Court’s record against a strong player like Halep, and at 37 yrs old, no on can question her status as GOAT...really shouldn’t be questioned now.

Reaction score
Yep NCB, Serena truly is the female G.O.A.T tennis player, same as Fed Ex... sorry.. I mean Federer. :D
Interesting, so she's about the same age as Federer. I can't wait for the Serena/Halep final tomorrow.

What would make it exciting for me is if they both win a set each and take it to a final set rather than a predictable foregone conclusion and runaway victory from Serena.

As it's only best of three sets in women's tennis, matches are usually over quite quickly, so a good 3 setter is longer and more entertaining. I love drawn out epic battles in sport, especially if they're neck and neck all the way! :cool:

Reaction score
Yep NCB, Serena truly is the female G.O.A.T tennis player, same as Fed Ex... sorry.. I mean Federer. :D
Interesting, so she's about the same age as Federer. I can't wait for the Serena/Halep final tomorrow.

What would make it exciting for me is if they both win a set each and take it to a final set rather than a predictable foregone conclusion and runaway victory from Serena.

As it's only best of three sets in women's tennis, matches are usually over quite quickly, so a good 3 setter is longer and more entertaining. I love drawn out epic battles in sport, especially if they're neck and neck all the way! :cool:

I’m sure the Williams/Halep match will be a battle. Halep is a fierce competitor and recently ranked No 1. She’s young but she has the experience of having played in four majors, winning one, so she will give Serena a fight for that title. And Wimbledon, is the Open in golf. There's majors, but in truth everyone counts number he Wimbledon wins first. Just like for golfers we count the Open wins first. So Both players want that title.

And so do Serena fans. Tying the slam record at Wimbledon would be more meaningful than any other tournament.

I don’t have a television so I have to find a watch it. Probably a sports bar in town.

No doubt Federer and Williams are both extraordinary athletes. But Williams has overall accomplished more in her career. Even Federer acknowledged her accomplishments and status as such last year in an interview. See quote below.

Roger Federer

Career Highlights
  • 20 Grand Slam Titles
  • 6 ATP Finals
  • 1 Olympic Gold Doubles
  • 1 Olympic Silver Single

110 Total ATP titles

====================

Serena Williams

Career Highlights
  • 23 Grand Slams Singles titles
  • 14 Grand Slam Doubles titles
  • 2 Grand Slam Mixed Doubles
  • 5 WTA Championships
  • 3 Olympic Gold Medals Doubles
  • 1 Olympic Gold Medal singles

100 Total WTA titles

Even Federer considers Williams GOAT in tennis. This is what he said about her in 2018.

“It’s been fascinating to watch,” Federer said. "She had a totally different upbringing – I came up through Switzerland with the federation, she did it with her dad and her sister.

"It’s an amazing story unto itself—and then she became one of the greatest, if not the greatest tennis player of all time."

Asked if he meant on the women's side or as a whole, Federer replied, "Overall."

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2018/05/roger-federer-serena-williams-goat-greatest-all-time/74022/

Ask a Question